Your Learning Opportunities
Whether you’re taking your first college class, continuing to pursue a certificate or degree, or studying to transfer to a university, MCC offers a selection of learning options that could be ideal for you. Fall class options include on campus as well as variations of online that allow you to study from home, office, a park or the coffee shop - anywhere you have an Internet connection. Most of our programs are available online, so you can balance your educational goals, your work and your life.
- Meet online at regularly scheduled days and times
- Enjoy MCC learning experiences as you interact live with your instructor and classmates in a virtual environment
- Accomplish assignment due dates outside of the class session
Online (On Your Time)
- Choose when it is convenient for you to learn without scheduled class times
- Decide when it best suits you to engage in learning activities
- Finish all course work and assignments online by due dates
- Experience the combination of in-person classes and online learning
- Enjoy face-to-face time on campus in small class settings with faculty and students
- Learn online in classes without set times or join scheduled Live Online sessions
- Attend class on campus during specific times and days
- Interact face-to-face with faculty and students in small class sizes
- Follow social distancing and other established health and safety measure
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Live Online, Online or Hybrid classes harder than In Person classes?
- Online classes are no more or less difficult than on-campus classes. You just spend more time on your computer. From the support of your academic advisors and instructors, to tutoring services, and even our HelpCenter, we’re here to assist you.
- Are there benefits to taking Live Online, Online or Hybrid classes?
- There are many benefits to enrolling in these learning options. MCC offers an affordable, accessible education with schedules that help you balance college and life so you stay on track with your educational goals. Our online platform allows you to personalize your college experience to how you learn best. MCC's learning options help you stay motivated, while coping with all your priorities.
- Do online classes cost more?
- No. MCC’s affordable tuition is the same for all learning options. The average annual tuition for a full-time student attending one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges is approximately $2,070 ($85 per credit), which is 75%* less than most Arizona 4-year universities. Earning scholarships, grants and other financial aid also helps lower your costs.
- Are all of MCC’s classes offered online?
- No. MCC’s Fall 2020 classes are offered in a variety of Live Online, Online, Hybrid and In Person formats. If you have questions about your learning options, contact an academic advisor or see what is offered in our Fall 2020 class schedule.
- What are the minimum system requirements to take Live Online, Online or Hybrid classes?
- You can learn more about Canvas and the required technology needed to attend an online class. For class formats such as Live Online, you may also need a working camera and microphone for your computer.
Helpful Videos About Online Learning
Canvas 101 Course
Are you new to online learning? Do you need help with using our eLearning platform Canvas? If so, you can self enroll for our online Canvas training course with the button below.
What kind of student are you?
Want to learn more about why you should become a new MCC student? Explore the many reasons to become an MCC Thunderbird by clicking the button above.
Aready an MCC student? Click the button above to find a wealth of student resources, including many that are available remotely and online.
Take Your Next Step with MCC
Students are drawn to MCC for many great reasons. But it’s the quality of our instruction that makes MCC a true value—and the best college experience no matter where you’re starting from or where you’re headed.
** AZ Board of Regents-AZ University System Board-Approved 2019-20 Base Tuition & Mandatory Fee Report.
*** Mesa Community College Institutional Effectiveness 2016.
Step Toward Your Best Tomorrow
Whether you’re interested in accounting or marketing, fashion design or theater, exercise science or web technology, there’s a program for you at MCC. Browse through all of our degree and certificate programs below, and start planning your education today.
As a Maricopa Community College, MCC has agreements with more than 50 universities, including our three Arizona Signature Partners, to assist you in making a smooth transition to a four-year college or university. Get started below if you are interested in ASU, NAU and UA; or visit our Transfer Partners page for information about additional choices.
Career & Technical Education Programs
Our CTE programs are renowned for being affordable, industry relevant, innovative and meeting employer needs, so you graduate workforce ready.
Online Degrees & Certificates
Have a time-demanding job? Juggling work and family responsibilities? The flexibility of MCC’s convenient online classes lets you earn your degree or certificate anytime, anywhere.
Request More Information
Thank you for your interest in Mesa Community College. Once you complete the form, a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you soon.
Become a Student
Whether your goal is to complete a degree, transfer to a university, earn a certificate, enhance your career or take classes for personal growth, we can help you get started. Our Enrollment Steps point you to your path to educational success.