Contact the Program Director
This program is part of the Business Department.
A powerful, exciting educational transformation is about to take place in the beauty industry. Mesa Community College, in partnership with the iconic beauty house of L’Oreal and Arizona’s legendary Rolfs Salons of the Future, is now offering a degree designed to help you deliver innovative, intelligent client experiences while offering the knowledge for you to earn the financial rewards your talent deserves.
The Associate in Science in Beauty and Wellness degree is focused on preparing hair and beauty artists to succeed in today’s market and discover the business strategies to thrive in a modern salon. This pioneering, online program builds knowledge and offers skills in finance, marketing and communication as well as critical thinking and organizational leadership, empowering you to elevate your career.
As a licensed beauty professional, you can receive up to 31credits at no cost toward your 60-68 credit associate’s degree by enrolling as an MCC student and submitting the Prior Learning Assessment dynamic form for the Beauty and Wellness program. If you choose to continue with your Beauty and Wellness education, after earning your associate’s degree at MCC, you may follow a transfer pathway to Arizona State University to earn a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) - Personal Care Emphasis. All classes are available online, so you can work while earning your degree. Learn and study on your own time, which is anytime that’s convenient for you.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
MCC’s associate degrees enhance your resume and prepare you to enter the workforce with an advantage. Whether you are interested in simply completing basic, required college courses or specializing in a specific area, there’s a degree for you.
|Associate in Applied Science||AAS||Beauty and Wellness||Pathway Map|
Successful completion of a degree within the Beauty and Wellness program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages*. Some occupations may require additional education or training. You can click on any occupation to view more detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
General and Operations Managers
Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
Manicurists and Pedicurists
You can get a high-quality, affordable education. MCC’s low tuition rates and various financial aid opportunities make it possible. Explore federal and state grants, Federal Work-Study, scholarships, student loans, and other options today.
Become a Student
To pursue this program of study:
- Visit our Enrollment Steps
- Skip to Step 1: Getting Admitted and start the Maricopa Online Admissions Application
- When completing the Admissions Application, choose the following options to enroll in this program:
- Primary College: Mesa Community College
- Field of Interest: Business, Entrepreneurism, and Management
- Primary reason for attending this college: Get an Associates Degree
- Select a plan most aligned with your career and educational goals: Beauty and Wellness (DEG)
- Complete Step 2: Placement Options
- Complete the PLA form to receive college credit.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to review your PLA credits, as well as any other college credit you may have, and plan your course schedule. To schedule a meeting with Academic Advising:
- Select an available date
- Choose All Moderators
- Select Business, Entrepreneurism, and Management
- Complete any remaining Enrollment Steps.
Connect with an Advisor
Academic AdvisementAdvising for the Beauty & Wellness program is available from Academic Advisement. Explore what services are available with the button to the right.