Learn more about the Real Estate & Real Estate Appraisal program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Residential Appraiser Trainee will prepare students for entry level employment as a trainee in Real Estate Appraisal. Licensed Appraisal students will gain entry level knowledge in the field of appraisal. Upon completion students will have completed the necessary education requirements designated by the National Appraisal Qualification board. An Appraiser Trainee is subject to direct supervision by an appraiser who is certified in good standing, and may appraise those properties that his or her supervising appraiser is permitted to appraise.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Residential Appraisal Trainee (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Describe real property concepts, characteristics, legal aspects, and other economic principles and appraisal ethics in practice.
- Analyze the valuation of procedures and property description for residential and commercial applications through use of practical applications and appraisal math.
- Explain the basic rules for ethical behavior and competent performance in appraisal as required by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Examine the national minimum requirements and responsibilities for appraisers.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Real Estate Appraisers
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
|REA150||Supervisory Appraiser/Appraiser Trainee||1|
|REA270||Basic Appraisal Principles||2|
|REA271||Basic Appraisal Procedures||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in REA270 or permission of Instructor.||RC||2|
|REA272||Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)||RC||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Course Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Residential Appraisal Trainee (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=119603).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2020-2021||(Current) 5/26/2020 – 5/24/2021|
|2019-2020||5/28/2019 – 5/25/2020|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|