NEW - Updated Course Placement Information
MCC has updated its policies for course placement. Students may be eligible to place directly into college level English, Reading and Math courses without taking the ACCUPLACER exams. Click on the link below to view qualifications on submitting high school GPA, ACT, SAT, and/or GED scores.
For the 'Prior Education' requirement for financial aid consideration an official transcript from the student's high school must be sent directly to MCC's Admissions Office. Unofficial transcripts may be used for course placement. For more information contact enrollment services, the testing center or the new student welcome room. This change went into effect October 4, 2018 for Spring Semester 2019 enrollment.
Requirements for Testing at a Maricopa Testing Center
- Must have a Maricopa Enterprise Identification (MEID) and Student ID# (8-digits, starts with a 3)
- Current, valid photo identification, including valid Student ID’s is required. Some specialized test programs have very specific identification requirements.
- If you have attended high school within the last ten years, please bring a copy of your unofficial high school transcript that includes a cumulative, unweighted GPA.
- Please Note: Official high school and/or college transcripts will need to be sent directly to the Admissions Office from your high school or college (school-to-school) in a sealed envelope. Official transcripts are used for Financial Aid Eligibility and the transfer of college credit from other accredited institutions.
- New-to-college students can find step-by-step instructions on how to Become a Student at: https://www.maricopa.edu/become-a-student.
You can take your placement test at any of our sister colleges. &Some Maricopa colleges require appointments, while others offer walk-in testing. Check individual college web sites for specific times.
It is the mission of the Mesa Community College Testing Services to provide high quality testing services for college course placement (into English, reading and math classes), English as a Second Language, faculty make-up exams, program specific testing, workforce certification, proctored and online testing while adhering to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) professional standards and guidelines.
Our goal is to provide quality testing services to our community while ensuring test integrity and providing accurate and complete testing information. We value and respect our students and recognize their uniqueness. We always consider the needs of the students to be our top priority. MCC is a learning institution that adheres to ‘best practices’ and supports programs, initiatives and innovative projects developed within the Maricopa Community College System.