The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Organizational Leadership is designed to prepare students with knowledge and skills needed in today's changing workplace. The program provides leadership and communication skills and techniques for planning, directing, and evaluating business situations. This program also emphasizes procedures for effective allocation of time, money, materials, space, and personnel. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Organizational Management is also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Organizational Leadership (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Available Online
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|General and Operations Managers||$81,030|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|Computer Usage and Applications or Survey of Computer Information Systems||RC||3|
|GBS151||Introduction to Business||RC||3|
|Business Organization and Management or Project Management In Quality Organizations||RC||3|
|Human Relations in Business and Industry or Human Relations in Business||RC||3|
|GBS233||Business Communication||Prerequisites: ENG101 or ENG107 with grade of "C" or better, or permission of Department or Division.||RC||3|
|MGT229||Management and Leadership I||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Organizational Leadership (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125815).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.