The Learning Enhancement Center provides the following services free to Mesa Community College students:
- One-on-one and group tutoring with professional and peer tutors
- On-demand tutoring (online service)
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Comfortable settings for study groups to meet
The Learning Enhancement Center offers free tutoring in most academic subjects and provides other services to support learning and teaching college-wide.
How to Make the Most of Tutoring
Come to see a tutor when
- You need help in completing homework questions or problems;
- You want assistance in understanding concepts or discussing ideas;
- You want to know more about study strategies and preparing for tests;
- You believe you are beginning to fall behind and want some help.
Prepare for a tutoring session by bringing
- Class notes;
- Past quizzes or tests that your instructor has authorized you to have;
- Course syllabus;
- Homework or workbook problems (indicate what you have been able to complete yourself since tutors cannot go over every problem in every assignment).
Remember that tutors cannot
- Do homework or assignments for students;
- Make up for missed classes or assignments or for missing prerequisite courses;
- Help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests) for students;
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, proofreading, or translating for students;
- Teach new material not included in the coursework;
- Cover a semester’s worth of work in the few days prior to final examinations or tests.
To Access Tutoring Services
- Be currently enrolled at MCC in the course for which you seek tutoring;
- Sign in and sign out using TutorTrac;
- Complete the Student Entry Form accurately.
Read the statement of student rights and responsibilities and agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the Learning Enhancement Center, the Rules of Behavior of the Paul A. Elsner Library, and the Student Disciplinary Code in the Mesa Community College Student Handbook.