Learn more about the Business and Organizational Management program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Retail Management is designed to prepare individuals working in the retail industry, and related fields, for the industry training needs in supervision and management, marketing, financial management, and business planning. The curriculum encompasses several business essentials and also emphasizes the skill sets needed for effective management and communication in the work environment. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Retail Management is also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management
- Academic Plan
- Retail Management (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Available Online
- Program Notes
Students must earn a grade of C or better required for all courses within the program.
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Demonstrate skills in leading, negotiating, and working in harmony with others in a business setting.
- Apply fundamental concepts to perform basic computing skills and technology operations.
- Demonstrate communication principles and critical thinking through written and oral formats.
- Evaluate various leadership styles and management techniques and explain their use in contemporary business settings.
- Apply marketing principles to the development of a marketing strategy.
- Evaluate current trends in human resource management and human resource needs to develop a human resource plan.
- Interpret and analyze financial information and financial performance measures to make business decisions.
- Evaluate merchandising, financial planning, and strategy in the industry to make business decisions.
- Create and present a strategic plan for a business, including financial strategy and financial performance measures.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Retail Management (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=139049).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2021-2022||(Current) 5/25/2021 – 5/23/2022|
|2020-2021||5/26/2020 – 5/24/2021|
|2019-2020||5/28/2019 – 5/25/2020|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|