***ATTENTION*** In-Person Advising will NOT be available until further notice. Please schedule a virtual appointment with our Academic Advisors. OR You can also Email or Chat our Academic Advisors.
Not available until further notice.
Monday - Thursday
to email an Academic Advisor
|ADVISING FORMS||REGISTRATION FORMS|
To submit documents to the Academic Advising you may scan and upload documents HERE.
You will need your MEID and password to log in.
|Course Approvals/Overrides for pre-requisites taken at another college, please submit a pre-requisite override form HERE in order to register in the course.|
New Students at Southern & Dobson, please attend a New Student Orientation, called Thunderbird Orientation and Registration session before making an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Certain programs of study require specialized Academic Advising. CLICK HERE for more information.
Options Available: Telephone, Email & Video
If you are not able to find an appointment that meets your availability, CLICK HERE to email our Academic Advisors.
Schedule a VIRTUAL appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Red Mountain Campus
Schedule a VIRTUAL appointment with an Academic Advisor at RED MOUNTAIN.
Schedule an appointment with a Student-Athlete Advisor.
For assistance in making appointments please view our Cranium Appointment User Guide.
|Fall & Spring Hours|
|Walk-Ins||Not available until further notice.|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 5:00pm (All-Day Appointments)|
|Friday||10:00am - 5:00pm (All-Day Appointments)|
|Saturday and Sunday||CLOSED|
Email an Academic Advisor
Email your questions to an Academic Advisor and they will get back to you within 2-3 business days.
If you are needing an override into a course please complete the Course Waiver Form to complete your request.
Chat is available for quick, 5-10 minute advising questions.
When you see a green light below, an advisor is available.
Chat is available:
- Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Friday 10:00AM-5:00pm.
There might be times when chat is unavailable during these times due to meetings.
To live chat on your computer, follow these directions below to get started:
- Use Chrome or Firefox for your browser
- Have your webcam ready (optional)
- Have your microphone or a headset with a mic ready
- When you see a green light below, just click on Chat With Me
When logging into Cranium Cafe please log in via Canvas with your MEID and Password at the bottom of the page.
Once you have been admitted to MCC you must meet in person with an academic advisor. We practice a Shared Advising Model which means we offer general advising, support services advising, and specialized advisement for specific departments and support groups. Please contact the areas below if you identify with any of the following groups:
|Support Services Departments||Programs of Study|
|American Indian Institute||Dental Hygiene|
|Career Services||Fire Science/EMT|
|Disability Resources Services||Nursing|
|Foundations for Student Success||Music|
What Can an Advisor Help Me With?
Advisors are available to help with a variety of areas to help you be successful as a Mesa Community College student.
Our expert academic advisors can assist you with:
- Academic Advising Support - Create a success plan to improve your GPA, set goals, and learn about different campus support services
- Apply for Graduation - Confirm all graduation requirements have been met
- Consortium Agreements - Confirm course taken will apply to program
- Create/Update Education Plan - Assistance with course selection
- Degree Progress Check - Review what requirements need to be met in order to graduate
- Explore and Select Major/Career Path - Help with picking a program or Field of Interest
- Maximum Time Frame - Verify what courses need to be taken to fulfill program requirements when doing a Maximum Time Frame Appeal for financial aid
- New Student Advising - New Students assigned to an Advisor will meet with an assigned advisor for the first time to create a personalized plan
- University Transfer Options - Explore transfer options include MAPPS at ASU, TAPs at NAU, and the U of A Bridget program