New Student Advising
Including High School graduates who previously completed Dual Enrollment
New students receive advising through the Thunderbird Orientation and Registration experience. Click on the button for more information on how to register.
Continuing, Returning, or Transfer Student Advising
Know your program but don't know what classes to take?
Find the pathway map for your program to see what courses you need to take, in what semester, and in what order.
For students in Nursing, Fire Science, Music, Fashion Merchandising, or Veterans, Student-Athletes, and International Students please see Specialized Advising.
August 8th- August 31st, advising will offer same day appointments. Virtual and in person appointments will open approximately 8:00 am. If you are unable to get an appointment, students are invited to our Registration Room for group walk-in assistance in building 38.
Live Chat with one of our Advisors. They are available Monday-Thursday 9:00 am- 5:30 pm.
Need to connect with an advisor after hours? Send us an email.
Due to peak registration, email turn around time is currently 1-2 weeks.
Students interested in changing majors must change their program prior to classes starting in order for it to be effective for the upcoming semester. If the major change is processed after classes starting, the program change will be effective the following semester for Financial Aid purposes.
Click on the button to see a Step by Step guide of how to transfer your credits from another institution to MCC.
Need an override because the system won't allow self-enrollment and you have met the pre-requisites? Click on the blue button and attach unofficial transcripts to get enrolled.
Please note that there is special advising available for certain student populations and programs. Explore the lists below to see if any of them are a match for you.
What Can an Advisor Help Me With?
Advisors are available to help with a variety of areas to help you be successful as a Mesa Community College student.
Our expert academic advisors can assist you with:
- Academic Advising Support - Create a success plan to improve your GPA, set goals, and learn about different campus support services
- Apply for Graduation - Confirm all graduation requirements have been met
- Consortium Agreements - Confirm course(s) taken will apply to your program of study
- Create/Update Education Plan - Assistance with course selection
- Degree Progress Check - Review what requirements need to be met in order to graduate
- Explore and Select Major/Career Path - Help with picking a program or Field of Interest
- Maximum Time Frame - Verify what courses need to be taken to fulfill program requirements when doing a Maximum Time Frame Appeal for financial aid
- New Student Advising - New Students assigned to an Advisor will meet with an assigned advisor for the first time to create a personalized plan
- University Transfer Options - Explore transfer options include MAPPS at ASU, TAPs at NAU, and the U of A Bridge program