New Student Advising
New Student AdvisingNew students receive advising through the Thunderbird Orientation and Registration experience. Click on the button for more information on how to register.
Make an Appointment with an Advisor
Schedule a VIRTUAL appointment with an Academic Advisor by your Field of Interest.
Not sure which Field of Interest your program falls under? Explore our Fields of Interest.
Schedule a VIRTUAL appointment with an Academic Advisor at RED MOUNTAIN.
Specialized advising is available for certain student populations and programs including Athletes, Honors, Nursing, Veterans, and more.
For assistance in making appointments please view our Cranium Appointment User Guide.
Email your questions to an Academic Advisor and they will get back to you within 1 week.
Chat is available for quick, 5-10 minute advising questions.
Just need to add a class? Class Registration guides and other advising resources, support documents, and transfer links.
Please note that there is special advising available for certain student populations and programs. Explore the lists below to see if any of them are a match for you.
What Can an Advisor Help Me With?
Advisors are available to help with a variety of areas to help you be successful as a Mesa Community College student.
Our expert academic advisors can assist you with:
- Academic Advising Support - Create a success plan to improve your GPA, set goals, and learn about different campus support services
- Apply for Graduation - Confirm all graduation requirements have been met
- Consortium Agreements - Confirm course taken will apply to program
- Create/Update Education Plan - Assistance with course selection
- Degree Progress Check - Review what requirements need to be met in order to graduate
- Explore and Select Major/Career Path - Help with picking a program or Field of Interest
- Maximum Time Frame - Verify what courses need to be taken to fulfill program requirements when doing a Maximum Time Frame Appeal for financial aid
- New Student Advising - New Students assigned to an Advisor will meet with an assigned advisor for the first time to create a personalized plan
- University Transfer Options - Explore transfer options include MAPPS at ASU, TAPs at NAU, and the U of A Bridge program