***ATTENTION*** In-Person Advising will NOT be available until further notice. Please schedule a virtual appointment with our Academic Advisors. OR You can also Email or Chat our Academic Advisors.
Course Approvals/Overrides for pre-requisites taken at another college, please submit a pre-requisite override form HERE in order to register in the course.
Not available until further notice.
Monday - Thursday
to email an Academic Advisor
Once you have been admitted to MCC you must meet in person with an academic advisor. We practice a Shared Advising Model which means we offer general advising, support services advising, and specialized advisement for specific departments and support groups. Please contact the areas below if you identify with any of the following groups:
|Support Services Departments||Programs of Study|
|American Indian Institute||Dental Hygiene|
|Career Services||Fire Science/EMT|
|Disability Resources Services||Nursing|
|Foundations for Student Success||Music|
What Can an Advisor Help Me With?
Advisors are available to help with a variety of areas to help you be successful as a Mesa Community College student.
Our expert academic advisors can assist you with:
- Academic Advising Support - Create a success plan to improve your GPA, set goals, and learn about different campus support services
- Apply for Graduation - Confirm all graduation requirements have been met
- Consortium Agreements - Confirm course taken will apply to program
- Create/Update Education Plan - Assistance with course selection
- Degree Progress Check - Review what requirements need to be met in order to graduate
- Explore and Select Major/Career Path - Help with picking a program or Field of Interest
- Maximum Time Frame - Verify what courses need to be taken to fulfill program requirements when doing a Maximum Time Frame Appeal for financial aid
- New Student Advising - New Students assigned to an Advisor will meet with an assigned advisor for the first time to create a personalized plan
- University Transfer Options - Explore transfer options include MAPPS at ASU, TAPs at NAU, and the U of A Bridget program