This program is part of the Applied Sciences and Technology Department.
Building a career in construction begins at MCC. With two associate’s degrees, three degree tracks, and many certificates, the Construction Management program provides you with the skills you need and the unfair advantage you earned. Whether you’re new to the industry or want to take your career to the next level, our program is the ideal place to be.
The Construction Management program prepares you to work as a technician in construction drafting, construction inspection, or construction management. As a drafting technician, you may work in surveying, civil engineering, or you may draft for an architecture firm. As an inspection technician, you may perform in-home inspections, building inspections, or plan reviews. As a management technician, you may manage construction companies in the field or in an office, planning, scheduling, cost estimating, and addressing safety issues.
- Example Titles
- Assistant Construction Manager/Project Site
- Construction Cost Management and Planning
- Construction Development Manager
- Inspector I
- Residential Remodeling/Lead Carpenter Project Manager
- Property Field Adjuster
- Types of Employers
- Civil Engineering or Architecture Firms
- Residential (Home) Inspectors
- Building Inspection and Plan Reviewing
- Construction Companies
- Real Estate/Commercial Appraisal Firms
The demand in the workforce for trained construction professionals remains strong.
The AAS and AS degrees in Construction Management, Construction Drafting, and Construction Inspection gives students the opportunity to transfer to a four-year university such as ASU East, ASU's Del Webb School of Construction, and other universities.
- May manage projects such as buildings or roads
- Often hire, train, supervise, and sometimes fire staff
- Are responsible for work outcomes
- Often check for structural quality and fire safety
- Know detailed codes and regulations
- May work closely with owners and builders
Available Associate Degree and Certificate
|Degree / Certificate||Type||Title||Courses|
|Associate in Applied Science||AAS||Construction Management||Course Sequence|
|Certificate of Completion||CCL||Building Inspection||Course List|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out an academic plan that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
Advising for the Construction Management program is available through the Applied Sciences and Technology department. They will help you determine the exact courses you need to get the education you’re looking for.