Learn more about the Drafting program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Computer Aided Drafting prepares students for entry-level positions in firms that require drafting services. The program reflects the current needs of the drafting industry.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Computer Aided Drafting (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Set up and operate CAD system to generate drawings.
- Prepare drawings using drafting instrument/equipment such as drafting machine, triangles, scales (English and Metric), templates, bow compass, lettering guide and mechanical pencils.
- Prepare using section views, auxiliary views geometric tolerancing and dimensioning generated on computer aid drafting equipment.
- Set up and operate CAD system to generate three-dimensional drawings.
- Create 3D CAD models using parametric modeling and or create physical 3D models using 3D printing techniques.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|DFT110||Introduction to Drafting||RC||3|
|DFT105AA||Computer Aided Drafting I: AutoCAD||RC||3|
|DFT111||Intermediate Drafting||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in DFT105AA, or DFT110, or equivalent.||RC||3|
|DFT255||3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in DFT254AA, or MFG254, or permission of Department or Division.||RC||4|
|DFT254AA||Computer Aided Drafting II: AutoCAD||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in DFT105AA or equivalent or permission of Department or Division.||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Computer Aided Drafting (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=121552).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|