Learn more about the Computer Information Systems program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
- Jump to the Course Sequence
- Print Course Sequence
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner builds the practical knowledge and skills of cloud computing. Cloud computing provides reliable, scalable, secure, and flexible technology solutions for personal and business use. This CCL will introduce students new to or interested in cloud computing to the fundamental concepts of cloud services as well as hands-on opportunities to apply these concepts to real-world applications. Students with the requisite experience in the field who complete this CCL can pursue employment in a variety of information technology jobs. This CCL also helps to prepare students for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Cloud Practitioner exam, which is the first level of the AWS certification.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Computer and Information Technology
- Certificate of Completion (CCL)
- Academic Plan
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Term
- Fall 2022
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience such as database, Linux, information security, networking, programming, and DevOps who are interested in expanding their knowledge in the area of cloud computing to enhance their employment opportunities. Speak to a program director for additional information.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Define the different types of cloud services and their benefits including economic advantages.
- Execute a variety of cloud services within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Manage basic cloud security.
- Design basic cloud service architectures using industry best practices.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
Note: Because you are viewing this pathway map on a mobile device, some columns below have been hidden. To view all columns, please rotate your device or view this page on a device with a larger screen.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Area||Credits|
|CLD110||Amazon Web Services Cloud Foundations||Critical course Gateway course||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Course Area Key
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, meet with an academic advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s official curriculum documentation for additional details regarding the requirements of this award (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm11?id=173500).