Learn more about the Business program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level I program is designed to provide students with an introduction to the entrepreneurial process. Courses include a history of entrepreneurship, current research into its impacts on society, types of business start-up opportunities, and creating a preliminary business plan, as well as securing a healthy financial future. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II is also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Entrepreneurial Studies Level I (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|EPS150||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|EPS160||New Venture Creation||2|
|Personal and Family Financial Security or Personal and Family Financial Security||3|
|Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship or Business Start-Up and Planning||2–3|
|Congrats! You have completed the requirements of the Entrepreneurial Studies Level I certificate! Please apply for the Entrepreneurial Studies Level I certificate. Please visit with your advisor or program faculty if you plan to continue with the CCL in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II.|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Entrepreneurial Studies Level I (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=139035).