Learn more about the Web Design and Development program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
- Jump to the Course Sequence
- Print Course Sequence
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production program helps prepare students to create, edit, and enhance digital images, graphics, and animation for use in web, print, and video. A Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Video and Audio Production and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Web Design and Development are also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Computer and Information Technology
- Academic Plan
- Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Term
- Fall 2021
- Program Notes
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
This program replaces: CCL/5807N Adobe Foundations
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Edit digital images and visual assets.
- Create animation and graphics in a variety of formats for use in web, print, and video.
- Develop interactive digital animation.
- Practice legal and ethical standards related to the creation and use of animation and graphics.
- Prepare visual assets to address audience needs.
- Describe project management tasks, responsibilities, and communication workflow.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Web Developers
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|CIS120DB||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||3|
|CIS120DC||Introduction to Adobe Animate||3|
|CIS120DF||Introduction to Adobe Photoshop||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=165303).
Previous Catalog Years
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. All previous catalog years for this pathway map are available at the link below.