The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Instructional Assistance program is designed to prepare students to assist the classroom teacher in grades K through 12. Program requirements include coursework in foundations of education and language as well as practical application coursework, including a practicum within a classroom setting.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Instructional Assistance (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|Child Development or
|EDU220||Introduction to Serving English Language Learners (ELL)||RC||3|
|EDU221||Introduction to Education||RC||3|
|Children's Literature or
|EDU222||Introduction to the Exceptional Learner||RC||3|
|EDU230||Cultural Diversity In Education||RC||3|
|Computer Usage and Applications or
Survey of Computer Information Systems
|EDU101++||Tutor Training and Practicum||RE||1–3|
|EDU282++||Service-Learning Experience in Education||RE||1–3|
|The Art of Storytelling or
The Art of Storytelling or
The Art of Storytelling
|First-Year Composition or
First-Year Composition for ESL
|Prerequisites: Appropriate writing placement test score, or a grade of "C" or better in ENG091 or ESL097.||RE||3|
|Any foreign language course||RE||3–4|
Restricted Electives (BPC110 or CIS105), COM225, and (ENG101 or ENG107) are recommended to complete required coursework for the Associate in Arts Elementary Education (AA-EE) degree
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Early Care Education program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Instructional Assistance (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=92540).