The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Engine Performance and Diagnosis program provides students the opportunity to learn the theory and practical skills necessary to service automotive vehicles. Will introduce students to the theory, diagnosis, and repair of engine performance systems in vehicles and help students gain insight into specific aspects of the automotive service industry. Courses in the CCL may include lecture and lab components to provide suitable classroom related material/theory, combined with hands-on learning experiences. Courses in the CCL are National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) accredited and aligned with the professional certification standards from National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This alignment can help prepare for ASE professional certification exams. The courses contained in the CCL can be combined with courses in other CCLs and be directly applied to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Automotive Performance Technology.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Engine Performance and Diagnosis (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|APT101||Automotive Service Operations||RC||3|
|APT161||Auto Electrical/Electronic Systems I||Course offered in Fall only||RC||4|
|APT181||Engine Performance and Diagnosis I||Course offered in Spring semester only||RC||6|
|APT282||Engine Performance and Diagnosis II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in APT181 or permission of Instructor.||Course offered in Summer only||RC||6|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Automotive Performance program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the "Required Courses" area
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Engine Performance and Diagnosis (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109183).