CCL Real Estate
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Real Estate prepares students to become accredited financial planners. The program emphasizes tax and investment management, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Completion of the certificate and several years of related experience qualify the students to sit for the national Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam, administered by the International Board of Standards and Practices for Certified Financial Planners, Inc. (IBCFP).
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||REA179||Real Estate Principles I||3|
|RC||REA281||Principles Of Real Estate Law||REA179 OR permission of Department or Division||3|
|Real Estate Finance or
Real Estate Selling
|REA179 OR permission of instructor||3|
|RC||REA180||Real Estate Principles II||REA179 OR permission of instructor||3|
|(Property Management and
Real Estate Investment Strategy) or
(Basic Appraisal Principles and
Residential Market Analysis Highest And Best Use and
Basic Appraisal Procedures and
Residential Appraiser Site Valuation And Cost Approach)
|REA179 OR permission of instructor||6|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Real Estate & Real Estate Appraisal program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Real Estate (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=81601).