CCL Fire Officer Leadership
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the program.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Fire Officer Leadership program can be used by professional firefighters for promotions and salary advancement within the Fire Services. The program will provide courses for experienced professional firefighters who desire to learn advanced fireground tactics and strategy, building construction, practical incident command, supervisory training of personnel, and human resource management.
Formal application and acceptance into the program or permission of Program Director.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Describe the management of fire personnel as it pertains to their selection, discipline, recruitment, and probation.
- Describe the methods of attacking, controlling and extinguishing various types of fires.
- Describe the rules and responsibilities of the Incident Commander in managing various types of major emergencies.
- Describe methods for managing major emergencies, including fires, hazardous materials incidents, and medical incidents.
- Describe fire science personnel functions, including recruitment and selection, discipline, evaluation, and supervision of fire service personnel.
- Explain the methods of providing for firefighter safety and the reaction of various types of construction to fire and heat.
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Fire Officer Leadership (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125813).