CCL Linux Associate
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Linux Associate program is designed to help prepare students for a variety of industry-recognized Linux certification exams as well as provide practical hands-on skills for the work place. The program includes a core of Linux classes including Linux Operating System Basics, System Administration, Network Administration and Network Security. These classes will help develop a student's knowledge and skill level in preparation for employment or to improve current professional skills. Objectives for a variety of industry certifications are encompassed within course and program objectives. EM, MC
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||3|
|RC||CIS238DL||Linux System Administration||(CIS126AL, CIS126BL and CIS126CL), OR CIS126DL OR, permission of Instructor||3|
|RC||CIS271DL||Linux Security||CIS240DL OR permission of instructor||3|
|RC||CIS240DL||Linux Network Administration||CIS126AL, CIS126BL and CIS126CL; OR CIS126DL OR instructor approval||3|
Select from the following courses to meet the Restricted Electives requirement.
|RE||BPC170||A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support||3|
|RE||BPC270||A+ Exam Prep: Operating System Configuration and Support||3|
|RE||CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|RE||CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations||3|
|RE||CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||4|
|RE||CIS226AL||Internet/Intranet Server Administration-Linux||3|
|RE||CIS239DL||Linux Shell Scripting||3|
|RE||CIS241DL||Apache Web Server Administration (Linux/Unix)||3|
|RE||CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
|RE||CIS274DL||Linus Enterprise Network Security||3|
|RE||CIS280||Current Topics In Computing||3|
|RE||CIS290++||Computer Information Systems Internship||Any Computer Information Systems Internship, CIS290 module||3–4|
|Introduction to Local Area Networks or
Introduction to Networks or
Microsoft Networking Essentials
|RE||CNT150AA||Cisco - Routing and Switching Essentials||4|
|RE||MST150++||Microsoft Windows||Any Microsoft Windows MST150 module||3|
|Implementing Windows Network Infrastructure or
Windows Server Network Infrastructure Configuration
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Networking & Security program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Linux Associate (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/acres.woa/wa/freeForm?id=87861).