Learn more about this pathway with one of the associated programs below:
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web Server Administrator is designed to give students a set of skills that would allow them to develop interactive websites with database access as well as to setup and maintain web servers. Completing the program may lead to positions such as entry level web technician, web designer, and web server administrator.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Web Server Administrator (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Explain the functionality of the Internet and its resources to include basic web page development.
- Demonstrate web administration skills by designing and creating presentations on the Internet`s World Wide Web with the Web`s hypertext markup language (HTML).
- Design and build relational databases.
- Perform the set-up and management of internet/intranet services, including World Wide Web (WWW) and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and implement server security features.
- Design software for Web sites, including client-side script and Common GateWay Interface (CGI) scripting.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to install, configure, use and maintain a UNIX operating system or a Linux operating system.
- Install and configure a Windows operating system including administrative tools, user and group accounts and share permissions.
- Configure and customize Windows network operating system.
- Configure remote access to a server.
- Define web server functions by giving an overview of networking technology and configuration.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||RC||3|
|Microsoft Access: Database Management or MySQL Database or SQL Server Database or Oracle Database||No requisites or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks||RC||4|
|CIS166AB or Web Scripting with PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP)||No requisites or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133DA or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133DA or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|(Linux Operating System) or Internet/Intranet Server Administration-Linux or Linux Network Administration||No requisites or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126 (any module), or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126DL or CIS126RH or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|MST150 or (MST150XP) or (Microsoft Windows Server) or (MST152DA) or (MST152DB)||No requisites or No requisites or Prerequisites or Corequisites: Any MST150 course or permission of instructor. or No requisites or No requisites||RC||4|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Web Server Administrator (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=118521).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|