The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Textile and Apparel: Fashion Stylist program is designed for students with an interest in visual display and merchandise styling for wholesale or retail trades. It provides students with skills defining target market, historical and current fashions, visual display techniques, color theory, and fashion styling practices. Completers of the certificate will enter the fashion industry at entry-level positions but with an understanding of the styling profession.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Textile and Apparel: Fashion Stylist (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers||$29,070|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|TEC106||History of Fashion||RC||3|
|Introduction to Fashion Merchandising or Introduction to Fashion Merchandising||RC||3|
|Display and Visual Merchandising or Display and Visual Merchandising||RC||3|
|INT150||Color and Design||RC||3|
|TEC272AA||Retail Merchandising Internship||Prerequisites: Completion of at least twelve (12) college credits, minimum 2.6 grade point average, and be able to obtain a position related to student's academic or career goals (student's present job may qualify); or permission of Instructor.||RC||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Fashion Merchandising & Design program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Textile and Apparel: Fashion Stylist (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125906).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.