The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Network Administration: Microsoft Windows Server program provides students with background knowledge and skills required for learning the specific tasks and industry recognized standards associated with computer networks and data communications. This program also prepares students to complete the required certification tests for Microsoft Administrator.CG, GW, MC, SM
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Network Administration: Microsoft Windows Server (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Computer Network Support Specialists||$57,300|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|MST150++||Microsoft Windows||Any Microsoft Windows MST150 module||RC||3|
|MST158++||Microsoft Windows||Any Microsoft Windows MST158 module||RC||4|
|MST155++||Microsoft Windows||Any Microsoft Windows MST155 module||RC||4|
|MST157++||Microsoft Windows||Any Microsoft Windows MST157 module||RC||4|
Select 3-4 credits from the following courses to meet the Restricted Elective requirement.
Selected courses will not apply in both the Required Course and Restricted Elective area.
|CIS126++||Linux Operating System||Any CIS126 Linux Operating System Module||RE||1–3|
|CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in (CIS126DL or MST150 (any module)) and (CIS190 or MST140), or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CIS238++||UNIX/Linux System Administration||Any CIS238 UNIX/Linux System Administration Module||RE||3|
|CNT+++++||Cisco Network Technology||Any CNT Cisco Network Technology Model||RE||1–3|
|MST+++++||Microsoft Technology||Any MST Microsoft Technology Module||RE|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Networking & Security program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.