Learn more about the Computer Information Systems program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in iOS Application Development prepares students for positions in app development for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch series. The program emphasizes knowledge and skills required to design, develop, test, and document structured and object-oriented programs utilizing Swift and Xcode.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- iOS Application Development (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Identify and explain common hardware components of computer systems and describe their uses.
- Identify different types of software, programming languages, the terminology, networking, social and ethical behaviors and their uses.
- Use the Internet to communicate, collaborate, and retrieve information.
- Explore system security and privacy issues.
- Describe the steps in planning and implementing technology solutions.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Design console and graphical user interfaces and reports.
- Explain, design, write, test, debug and implement custom apps using the iOS App development process.
- Design a plan to convert programs from Swift types into custom model objects for web requests.
- Create networking code in an Xcode project.
- Explain security restrictions and the correlation of App Transport Security (ATP) as it applies to project prototyping.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Applications Software Developers
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in iOS Application Development (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=138134).