The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Image Consultant is designed for students with an interest in Image Consulting. Students learn clothing strategies for all figure types, appropriate dress for all occasions, nutrition, and interpersonal skills. They develop the ability to advise clients and groups for an acceptable image. Completers of this certificate will have interned with a nationally certified Image Consultant through the Association of Image Consultants, International (AICI), for a minimum of 480 hours. They may then apply for accreditation from AICI.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Image Consultant (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|INT150||Color and Design||RC||3|
|TEC250||Apparel Quality Analysis||TEC250 only offered in the Fall||RC||3|
|TEC275++||Image Consultant Internship||Completion of at least twelve (12) college credits, minimum 2.6 grade point average, and be able to obtain a position related to student's academic or career goals (student's present job may qualify); OR permission of Instructor.||RC||1–3|
|Introductory Nutrition or Principles of Human Nutrition||RC||3|
|Psychology and Culture or Cultural Aspects of Clothing||Recommended Course: TEC105||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Fashion Merchandising & Design program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Image Consultant (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125873).