Learn more about the Fashion Merchandising & Design program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Image Consultant is designed for students with an interest in Image Consulting. Students learn clothing strategies for all figure types, appropriate dress for all occasions, nutrition, and interpersonal skills. They develop the ability to advise clients and groups for an acceptable image. Completers of this certificate will have interned with a nationally certified Image Consultant through the Association of Image Consultants, International (AICI), for a minimum of 480 hours. They may then apply for accreditation from AICI.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Image Consultant (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Use various software applications to create finished artwork, which illustrates understanding of layout, design, typography, and color use in graphics.
- Summarize the principles of effective communication.
- Describe, plan for, and prepare snacks or meals for the nutritional needs.
- Summarize current knowledge about human diversity in behavior and culture and applications of behavioral and cognitive principles to enhance multi-cultural interactions.
- Determine social and psychological factors that affect clothing choices and behaviors.
- Identify and select specific merchandise which will satisfy the needs and wants of potential customers.
- Identify fabric and its performance characteristics which consumers want in the use and care of merchandise.
- Plan and select appropriate wardrobes for male and female clients.
- Analyze quality differences of ready-to-wear apparel.
- Describe and apply internship for Image Consulting.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|INT150||Color and Design||RC||3|
|TEC250||Apparel Quality Analysis||RC||3|
|Introductory Nutrition or Principles of Human Nutrition||RC||3|
|Psychology and Culture or Cultural Aspects of Clothing||Recommended Course: TEC105||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Image Consultant (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125873).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|