The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Foundations of Early Childhood Education is designed to prepare students with foundational knowledge regarding the growth and development of the young child. Topics include children's health, physical milestones, and cognitive development. Also covered are communication and language acquisition as well as adult/child relationship building.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||$27,910|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|Child Development or Child Development or Developing Child: Theory in Practice, Prenatal - Age 8 or The Developing Child: Prenatal to Age Eight||Critical course Gateway course Course carries SB Value||3|
|EED200||Foundations of Early Childhood Education||Course carries SB Value||3|
|Guidance, Management and the Environment or (Discipline/Guidance Of Child Groups and Arranging the Environment and Mainstreaming The Young Child with A Disability)||3|
|Early Learning: Health, Safety, Nutrition and Fitness or (Health and Nutrition in Early Childhood Settings and Safety In Early Childhood Settings and Food Experiences With Young Children)||3|
|Child, Family, Community and Culture or Marriage and Family Life||Course carries C Value or Course carries SB Value||3|
|Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Internship or Early Childhood Preschool Internship||Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division. or Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Foundations of Early Childhood Education (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=127379).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.