The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Industrial Technology program will provide the student with industry recognized National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) introductory skills needed for a career in Industrial Technology Maintenance. Upon completion of the CCL, the student will be ready for NIMS certification testing in the following duty areas:
1. Maintenance Operations
2. Basic Mechanical Systems
3. Basic Hydraulic Systems
4. Pneumatic Systems
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Industrial Technology (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Industrial Engineering Technicians
Manufacturing Production Technicians
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|ATP100||Introduction to Manufacturing and Programmable Logic Controllers||RC||3|
|ATP106||Industrial Electrical Systems||RC||3|
|ATP111||Mechanical Systems and Maintenance||RC||3|
|Industrial Safety or MIT106 or Industrial Safety||RC||2|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Industrial Technology (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=119558).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|