The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Industrial Technology program will provide the student with industry recognized National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) introductory skills needed for a career in Industrial Technology Maintenance. Upon completion of the CCL, the student will be ready for NIMS certification testing in the following duty areas:
1. Maintenance Operations
2. Basic Mechanical Systems
3. Basic Hydraulic Systems
4. Pneumatic Systems
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Industrial Technology (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other||$55,940|
|Industrial Engineering Technicians||$56,960|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|ATP100||Introduction to Manufacturing and Programmable Logic Controllers||RC||3|
|ATP106||Industrial Electrical Systems||RC||3|
|ATP111||Mechanical Systems and Maintenance||RC||3|
|Industrial Safety or Industrial Safety or Industrial Safety||RC||2|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Automation Technology program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Industrial Technology (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=119558).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.