Learn more about the Computer Information Systems program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Adobe Creative Suite in Business: Master Suite Applications Specialist program helps develop proficiency with all the software included in the Adobe Creative Suite. This software can provide useful tools for those interested in dynamic and interactive web site design, print media, and video production. Two additional specialized CCLs are available that allow students to specialize in whichever of the smaller professional packages available from Adobe that is most appropriate for their needs.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Adobe Creative Suite in Business: Master Suite Applications Specialist (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Generate and modify digital images and graphics.
- Produce and modify vector graphics.
- Produce and modify interactive Flash media.
- Generate and modify websites in a web editor.
- Generate and modify web graphics and advanced interactive website mockups.
- Construct and revise print publications.
- Modify static and interactive publications acquired by PDF export from other programs.
- Produce and edit video.
- Produce video special effects, and animations.
- Acquire and edit audio.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Multimedia Artists and Animators
Program prerequisites may be waived by Program Director depending on student's background and experience.
BPC110 Computer Usage and Applicatons (3) or
CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) 3
CIS133DA Internet/Web Development Level I 3
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Computer Usage and Applications or Survey of Computer Information Systems||PP||3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||PP||3|
|CIS120DF||Introduction to Adobe Photoshop||RC||3|
|CIS120DB||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||RC||3|
|CIS120DC||Introduction to Adobe Animate||RC||3|
|CIS138DA||Desktop Design and Publishing Using Adobe InDesign||RC||3|
|CIS120DP||Adobe Acrobat Pro: Portable Document Format (PDF) Files||RC||3|
|CIS233DC||Internet Web Development: Dreamweaver||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS132, or CIS133DA, or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS120DG||Fireworks: Web Graphics||RC||3|
|CIS120DA||Introduction to Adobe Premiere||RC||3|
|CIS120DL||Introduction to Adobe After Effects||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS120DA or CIS120DK or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS120DO||Adobe Audition: Audio Editing||RC||3|
|CIS220DC||Flash: Advanced Animation and ActionScript||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS120DC, or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CIS220DF||Adobe Photoshop Level II: Advanced Digital Imaging||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS120DF or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Adobe Creative Suite in Business: Master Suite Applications Specialist (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=100748).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|