Learn more about the Business program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Administrative Professional program is designed to provide students with basic office skills needed for entry-level positions. This program is recommended for students with little or no office-related work experience or college experience. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Administrative Professional (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Apply microcomputer software applications including word processing, database management, electronic spreadsheets, microcomputer graphics, and disk operating system.
- Produce business documents such as letters, memos, tables, and reports, utilizing keyboarding, proofreading and editing techniques.
- Apply proper skill and techniques of 10-key equipment with speed and accuracy.
- Use word processing software to produce documents applying business formatting including features and functions.
- Use an operating system to control, operate and manage files utilizing basic commands and functions.
- Access and use the Internet as a communication tool and as a source of information.
- Identify and describe the communication process and various aspects of communication including barriers, styles, and active listening techniques.
- Write a variety of business communications using proper grammar, punctuation, organization and style.
- Prepare and present an oral presentation for a specific type of audience, including the use of visual aids.
- Demonstrate proficiency in completing common arithmetic operations, reconciling bank statements, computing cash and trade discounts, calculating sales commissions and comparing simple and compound interest rates on loans.
- Calculate depreciation rates and financial rations form an income statement and balance sheet.
- Describe in writing economic systems, marketing functions, economic effects of international business, laws affecting business and consumers, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify in writing aspects of owning and operating a small business, management functions, labor unions, major financial institutions, and basic accounting functions.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Administrative Professional (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=84146).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2020-2021||5/26/2020 – 5/24/2021|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|