The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Administrative Professional program is designed to provide students with basic office skills needed for entry-level positions. This program is recommended for students with little or no office-related work experience or college experience. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Administrative Professional (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Successful completion of the Administrative Professional program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Computer Usage and Applications or Survey of Computer Information Systems||RC||3|
|Computer Keyboarding I||RC||1|
|CIS121AE||Windows Operating System: Level I||RC||1|
|CIS133AA||Internet/Web Development Level I-A||RC||1|
|GBS120||Workplace Communication Skills||RC||3|
|GBS151||Introduction to Business||RC||3|
|CIS113DE||Microsoft Word: Word Processing||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Administrative Professional (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=84146).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|