CCL Intermediate Piano Pedagogy
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Intermediate Piano Pedagogy program is for pianists who want to teach intermediate piano students. Classes offered include learning various methods, techniques, repertoire, skills, style and musicianship necessary to teach piano effectively.
Certificate of Completion in Beginning Piano Pedagogy (5743)
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
|Survey of Music History or
Music History and Literature 1750 to Present
|MHL241 OR permission of instructor||3|
|RC||MUP123AA||Studio Class/Piano||Two semesters of the course is required. May be repeated for credit||0.5|
|RC||MUP141||Intermediate Piano Pedagogy||Permission of instructor or Department or Division||2|
|RC||MUP181||Chamber Music Ensembles||Two semesters of the course is required. May be repeated for credit||1|
|RC||MUP202AD||Private Instruction Piano||MUP152AD||May be repeated for credit||2|
|RC||MUP123AA||Studio Class/Piano||Two semesters of the course is required. May be repeated for credit.||0.5|
|RC||MUP166||Jazz Piano I||MUP131 or permission of instructor||1|
|RC||MUP181||Chamber Music Ensembles||Two semesters of the course is required. May be repeated for credit.||1|
|RC||MUP241||Piano Artistry||MUP240 OR permission of instructor||2|
|RC||MUP252AD||Private Instruction: Piano||MUP202AD||May be repeated for credit||2|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Music Education program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Intermediate Piano Pedagogy (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/acres.woa/wa/freeForm?id=87283).