CCL Retail Sales Manager
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Retail Sales Manager is designed for students with an interest in retail store management. Students learn about apparel and retail store management, merchandising, salesmanship, customer service, basic computer systems, and human resources. They develop the ability to train and manage personnel in a store, display and merchandise their areas or store, effectively train personnel to sell the merchandise, and manage stocks and profitability. Completers of this certificate will have interned with a store manager for a minimum of 240 hours. Career placement would be at the Department or Area Sales Manager position.
MKT/TEC109 Introduction to Fashion Merchandising 3
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||TEC250||Apparel Quality Analysis||TEC250 is only offered in the Fall||3|
|Computer Usage and Applications or
Survey of Computer Information Systems
|RC||TEC255||Fashion Retail Merchandising||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in MKT/TEC109.||TEC255 is only offered in the Fall||3|
|Retail Buying or
Management and Leadership I or
Owning and Operating a Small Business
|RC||TEC151||Display and Visual Merchandising||3|
|Quality Customer Service or
Fashion Sales Management
|RC||TEC272++||Retail Merchandising Internship||MKT/TEC109||Any TEC272 Module||1–3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Fashion Merchandising & Design program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Retail Sales Manager (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=104640).