College isn't cheap.
As a college student there are many things you can do to afford college. Apply for Financial Aid, which includes Scholarships, Grants, Federal Work Study, and Student Loans. Consider getting a part-time on campus job or an off campus job.
As a rule of thumb, loans should be the last resort for paying for school, since they have to be paid back with interest. If you need to take school loans, the total amount borrowed should be no more than the STARTING salary for your career in the area you plan to work.
- Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation General Scholarship
With this one application, you'll apply for hundreds of scholarships. All GPAs are welcome and the FAFSA is NOT required! The MCCCD Foundation Scholarship Application for the Spring 2024 semester will open on September 1st and close on October 31st.
Note: if you applied during the Fall 2023 application cycle, you do not need to reapply. You will automatically be considered for Spring 2024 scholarship opportunities!
- Mesa Community College has many other scholarships applications available.
Click here to apply for college money!
- eduPASS has scholarships for International Students. Also, check out the MCC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.pdf to easily see if you qualify for these opportunities for scholarships.
- Sallie Mae has scholarships for all types of students, and for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Schollyis an free app (thanks to Sallie Mae!) for scholarships that is designed to simplify the scholarship search process. You put in your info, the app searches for scholarships that would be worth your time applying for.
- For Spouses of Military Veterans, there is a Scholarship
- Veterans, there are scholarships and grants available for you
- The Follett Bookstore Scholarship can help you pay for books and supplies
When A Savings Account Leads to More Money For College
- a new leaf - Assets to Opportunity
8:1 matched savings for education - you save $500 and receive $4000 free money!
- Earn to Learn
8:1 matched savings for education and continue your journey to being financially savvy!
Have questions? Want more individualized support about paying for college? Click here to meet with a mentor!
Want to learn more about paying for college on your own time? Sign up for a FREE CashCourse account and start learning today.