Make sure you're eligible to receive Federal Student Aid
Make sure to complete the correct FAFSA
To qualify for Federal Student Aid students must meet certain criteria set by the U.S. Department of Education. Basic Eligibility Criteria includes (but is not limited to):
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
- Must be a permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a Social Security number
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Male students must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be enrolled in an eligible program of study and pursuing a degree at MCC to receive federal financial aid
- Must use federal student aid only for educational purposes
- Cannot be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
Create your FSA ID at FSAID.ed.gov
Your FSA ID is the username and password you create to complete, sign and access your FAFSA. Parents of dependent students will need to create their own FSA ID so they can sign the parent portion of the FAFSA. You will also need MCC's Federal School Code number: 001077.
IMPORTANT: Do not forget your FSA IS or your FSA ID password. We cannot reset or retrieve them for you.
Make sure you're admitted to MCC
In order for us to receive your FAFSA information, you must be admitted to MCC. If you’ve never attended MCC, or if you attended MCC or another Maricopa College in the past click here to update your admissions information or to start the admissions process for MCC.