Where to Start for Financial Aid?
Applying for federal student aid and scholarships takes time, planning, and preparation. The goal of the MCC financial aid office is to help educate and assist you through the financial aid process so you can meet your educational goals.
Basic Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Federal Student Aid
To qualify for Federal Student Aid students must meet certain criteria set by the U.S. Department of Education. Basic Eligibility Criteria includes (but is not limited to):
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
- Must be a permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a Social Security number
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Male student must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be enrolled in an eligible program of study
- Must use federal student aid only for educational purposes
- Cannot be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
Get admitted to MCC before you apply for Financial Aid
If you’ve never attended MCC, or if you attended MCC or another Maricopa College in the past click here to update your admissions information or to start the admissions process for MCC.