Mesa Business Builder Educates U
The City of Mesa has partnered with MCC to provide a wide variety of college classes for Mesa Business Builder Small Business Assistance Program participants.
The classes cover a full spectrum of business subjects to increase your skills and improve your business acumen.
16 Business Certificate Programs in partnership with Mesa Community College (MCC)
Classes beginning as early as August 19, 2023
- Administrative Professional
- Adobe Animations & Graphics
- Adobe Audio & Video
- General Business
- Entrepreneurial Studies I
- Entrepreneurial Studies II
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Oral Communication Fluency for Non-Native English Speakers
- Organizational Leadership
- Retail Sales Manager
- Small Business Management I
- Small Business Management II
- Social Media Marketing
- Spanish Language and Culture
Steps to Enroll
To get started taking college classes for your business:
By this point you should have enrolled for the Small Business Assistance Program at the Mesa HUUB. If you have not, please navigate to their website located here: Mesa HUUB.
If you have any questions on that process, please contact Kelley Keffer at email@example.com
Step 1: Enroll at MCC.
- To start the enrollment process, select here.
- You may be asked to verify your ID during the enrollment process, this step is not optional and must be completed to progress.
- If you are already enrolled at MCC, skip to step 2.
Step 2: Fill out MCC's Mesa Business Builder Educates U entry form.
- To start the Mesa Business Builder Educates U entry form, select here.
Step 3: A Navigator will reach out to you to assist with the final steps.
- Be sure to check the email you listed on the entry form above.
About the Program
The program will open for the fall term beginning on August 19, 2023 and will be available until funding is fully depleted OR June 30, 2024 whichever occurs first.
- This program is being offered to qualified, approved businesses based on funding availability.
- Tuition and course fees are paid by the program and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Businesses that enroll in classes will be responsible for the MCC registration fee and books/materials for classes.
- Student must be classified as a Maricopa County resident for tuition purposes. *
- In most cases, Maricopa County residency for tuition purposes is satisfied by legal residency in the United States, residing in the State of Arizona for 12 months or more, and having a State of Arizona issued driver's license or ID card.
- Business must choose an eligible Certificate of Completion program of study at MCC.
- A maximum of two classes per student, per term will be paid by the program.
- There is a maximum of two students per business, per term.
*Residency for tuition purposes is determined in accordance with state law (ARS §§15-1801et seq.) and regulations of the Maricopa Community Colleges Governing Board. Students classified as out-of-state residents do not qualify for this program.
Tyler Rowles - Navigator
Mesa Community College
Kelley Keffer - Economic Development Project Manager
City of Mesa, Office of Economic Development
Diane Mesa - MCC Program Director
Maricopa Information Technology Institute (MITI) – East Valley