Use MCC's Federal School Code on all financial aid submissions.
MCC school code: 001077
Contact Student Financial Services
Southern & Dobson
P: 480-731-8900 F: 480-844-3272
Financial aid can be used to help cover the cost of participating in a study abroad program. The MCC Financial Aid Office is dedicated to helping students with all facets of the financial aid process, including scholarships and grants. The amount of financial aid available for study abroad programs varies.
For all study abroad financial aid, you MUST be seeking an eligible degree with Mesa Community College. Financial aid does not transfer amongst MCCD colleges.
For financial aid purposes, summer terms are considered trailers – the last term of the academic year (fall/spring/summer). Because summer sessions are considered trailers, aid received during the 2023-2024 academic year will be considered in determining remaining financial aid eligibility for the 2024 summer term.
- In order to obtain a Pell grant, students must have remaining Pell eligibility funds from the fall/spring term for required courses in your degree program at MCC and must be making Satisfactory Academic Process.
- If you've used 100% of your Pell grant funding for the 2023-24 school year, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer to receive an additional Pell grant.
- In order to obtain a student loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time in courses required for your degree program at MCC and must be making Satisfactory Academic Process.
- A course must be required for a student's program/degree plan in order for federal financial aid to pay for it.
- For detailed information, please visit Enrollment Services at either the Southern & Dobson or Red Mountain campuses.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What financial aid options are available
- How to complete your FAFSA
- How to estimate your financial aid eligibility
- How to budget for your study abroad program
- For financial planning worksheets, review the How to Pay for Study Abroad guide.
Study Abroad Financial Aid Workshop Presentation
If you missed the workshops, or if you want more information, you can view a presentation here.