Consortium Agreement Information
Federal regulations allow students to receive financial aid from only one school per enrollment period.
A Consortium Agreement may allow you to have your classes (credits) from a Host School be considered part of your total enrollment for financial aid at your Home School. Your Home School is where you will be receiving financial aid. The participating school is considered the Host School.
If both the home school and host school are Maricopa Colleges, do the following to submit a consortium agreement:
- Enroll in courses at both the home and host school.
- Submit the online Consortium Agreement by the submission deadline date for the semester.
- Read the Financial Aid Considerations and the Terms
|Fall 2021||August 30, 2021|
|Spring 2022||January 25, 2022|
|Summer 2022||June 2, 2022|
If the Home school is not a Maricopa College and MCC is the Host school, obtain a consortium agreement form from your home school, complete the student section, and submit the form to the MCC Financial Aid via email or Secure Document Upload.
- Grants require a minimum enrollment of 3 credit hours at the HOME school.
- Loans require a minimum enrollment of 6 credit hours at the HOME school.
- Courses taken must be applicable to your program plan.
- The student must be registered at the HOME school prior to submitting this form.
- This agreement is valid only for the courses listed which pertain to your program of study. Any changes will require a new agreement to be submitted.
- The course work at the host school may not overlap the end date of the prior term or start date of the subsequent term at the home school.
- The student must maintain enrollment at the host school to maintain eligibility. Notify the HOME school Financial Aid office immediately if there are changes to your enrollment.
- Changes to your enrollment status may result in voiding this contract and a change to your financial aid. This may cause a debt with the school.
- These courses will be subject to MCCCD Financial Aid Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- The student will be funded by the home school, and all financial aid records for the period will be maintained in the financial aid office at that school.
- Financial Aid eligibility determines the amount transferred. If the aid awarded does not cover the balances at both schools, it is the student's responsibility to contact each school and discuss payment options, as needed.
- The student authorizes the transfer of excess funds between the home school and the host school to cover any outstanding charges at the HOST School related to the courses listed. Debt balances incurred by failing to abide by these terms and conditions will be owed to the Home school. Check the school’s debt and refund policy for more information.
- Go to the online Consortium Agreement Form and sign in with your MEID and password
- Select your Home School (where you will be receiving financial aid)
- Add your Program Plan (your program plan is found on your Student Center under the Admissions section)
- Select Host School and add the course information for classes you'll be taking at the Host School(s)
- Scroll down to the Certification section and click Next
- Follow the instructions to sign your form electronically