Contact Study Abroad
Study Abroad Coordinator
Southern & Dobson
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Fridays
Building: 36N Office 705
P: 480-461-7870 | F: 480-461-7139
Mondays & Thursdays
Building: PV225 (Palo Verde Building)
All study abroad programs are open to students from any of the Maricopa Community Colleges as well as community members.
Choose the program that is right for you. The application process is the same for all MCC study abroad programs and it's EASY to get started!
Look for 2020 program applications to open in late September, 2019!
The application deadline for the 2019 programs is March 1, 2019 (late applications accepted on case-by-case basis). Space is limited, so apply early!
The 2019 program fees are due:
March 1: Ireland and Japan
March 22: Britain, Costa Rica, France, and Puerto Peñasco
If you intend to apply for an IE Study Abroad Scholarship, you must have applied to, been accepted to a program, and made a $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) confirmation deposit PRIOR to the scholarship application deadline of February 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- Make sure that you understand any specific program requirements as well as program fee, tutition and payment deadlines.
- During the application process, you will be asked to provide two Letters of Recommendation. These can come from current/past professors, advisors, or supervisors at work. To send a request for a Letter of Recommendation, all you need to do is login to your application, go under the Recommendations tab, and click Request Electronic Recommendation.
- Applications are reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. Students will be contacted by the Program Director within approximately 2 weeks after submission via phone or email to discuss participation in the program.
- Review the Funding Study Abroad web page for funding and scholarship opportunities.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, call or visit the Financial Aid Office to find out about your options. If using financial aid, notify the Study Abroad Coordinator. You MUST be seeking an eligible degree with Mesa Community College in order to receive financial aid for a MCC study abroad program.
- Upon acceptance to your program, make a $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) confirmation deposit towards your program fee to secure your spot. You must pay your program fee in FULL by applicable payment deadline.
- If you are a current MCC student, program fee payments can be made to Cashier Services by phone, in-person, or by mail. Be aware that AFTER the applicable program fee payment deadline, the $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) deposit is non-refundable.
- If you are NOT a current MCC student, apply/reapply for admission first.
- Register for your classes in early March and pay tuition either online or at Cashier Services by the applicable due date in SIS. Students will be purged from classes if tuition is not paid before the due date.
- Apply for your passport or if needed, renew your old one. Your passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of your return to the USA.
Mark your calendar for the mandatory orientation!
Start packing and get ready for your life transforming experience abroad!