Contact Study Abroad
Study Abroad Coordinator
Southern & Dobson
Office: Building 36N Office 705
P: 480-461-7870 | F: 480-461-7139
Choose the program that is right for you. All study abroad programs are open to students from any of the Maricopa Community Colleges as well as community members. The application process is the same for all MCC study abroad programs and it's easy to get started!
The application deadline for the 2017 programs is March 10, 2017 with the exception of Ireland which is March 1.
The program fees are due on March 24, 2017 with the exception of Ireland which is March 1.
If you intend to apply for an IE Study Abroad Scholarship, you must have applied to, been accepted to a program, and made a confirmation deposit prior to the scholarship application deadline of February 17, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
Space is limited, so apply early! Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Program Director on a case-by-case basis.
- Make sure that you understand any specific program requirements and payment deadlines.
- During the application process, you will be asked to provide two Letters of Recommendation. These can come from current/past professors, advisors, or supervisors at work. To send a request for a Letter of Recommendation, all you need to do is login to your application, go under the Recommendations tab, and click Request Electronic Recommendation.
- Applications are reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. Students will be contacted by the Program Director within approximately 2 weeks after submission via phone or email to discuss participation in the program.
- Review the Funding Study Abroad web page for funding and scholarship opportunities.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, call or visit the Financial Aid Office to find out about your options. If using financial aid, notify the Study Abroad Coordinator.
- Make your $250 confirmation deposit to secure your spot. You must pay your program fee in FULL by March 24, 2017.
- If you are a current MCC student, program fee payments can be made to Cashier Services by phone, in-person, or by mail. Be aware that AFTER the program fee payment deadline of March 24, 2017, the $250 deposit is non-refundable.
- If you are NOT a current MCC student, apply/reapply for admission first.
- Register for your classes in early March and pay tuition either online or at Cashier Services by the applicable due date in SIS. Students will be purged from classes if tuition is not paid 35 days before start of class.
- Apply for your passport or renew your old one (if needed). Most countries require that your passport be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of your trip.
Attend the mandatory orientation.
Start packing and get ready for your life transforming experience!