Encompasses actions to promote the quality of life in a community, through both political and non-political processes.
- INCLUSIVENESS: Demonstrate an ability to engage respectfully with others in a diverse society.
- APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge from one's own study and experiences to active and ethical participation in civic life.
- DEMONSTRATION OF CIVIC IDENTITY AND COMMITMENT: Provide evidence of experience in and reflection on civic engagement activities.
- CIVIC COMMUNICATION: Communicate and listen to others in order to establish personal and professional relationships to further civic action.
- ENGAGEMENT IN CIVIC ACTION AND REFLECTION: Demonstrate the ability to deliberate and collaborate on issues and problems to achieve a civic aim.
Simple How-to-Video Clip:
Need help interpreting the criteria for Civic Engagement or aligning your assignments to the Civic Engagement Scoring Guidelines?
Duane Oakes firstname.lastname@example.org