Encompasses knowledge, skills, and attitudes students acquire through a variety of experiences that enable them to understand world cultures, analyze global systems, appreciate cultural differences, and apply this knowledge and appreciation to their lives as educated individuals and global citizens.
- KNOWLEDGE: Analyzes cultural systems, events, or creations and their relationship to worldviews, values, or behavior.
- INFLUENCE: Evaluates the impact of contemporary and past events, perspectives, or cultures on intercultural relationships.
- SELF AWARENESS: Analyzes the impact of culture and intercultural experiences on one’s worldview, values and behavior, including assumptions, biases, prejudices, or stereotypes.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Evaluates the impact of one’s moral and ethical reasoning on one’s actions in relation to culturally different groups.
- EXPRESSION: Generates ideas, creations, or models that express the human condition and one’s relationship with the world.
Simple How-to-Video Clip:
Need help interpreting the criteria for Cultural & Global Engagement or aligning your assignments to the Cultural & Global Engagement Scoring Guidelines?
Briane Dille firstname.lastname@example.org