Change of Major Request

To Request a Change of Major - International Students ONLY

If your intention is to change your current academic program, you will need to let us know by applying for a change of major. Doing so will grant you a new I-20, help us update your SEVIS record, and will make the advisory process simpler.

How to Request a Change of Major (for international students only):

  1. Gather the necessary documents.

    • If you are a sponsored student we will need proof that your sponsor has granted you permission to change your major. This can be in the form of a letter by your sponsor stating that you have permission to change your major to a different one.

    • If you are NOT sponsored, you do not need to submit any further documentation.

  2. Complete the online application (for international students only).

    Once you have gathered the required documentation log into your ISP . Complete the Change of Major Request application.

    A couple of things to keep in mind:

    Please answer all items as accurately as possible, read instructions carefully, and submit all the required documentation. Any incorrect information or documentation that is submitted without following the guidelines correctly will result in your application being delayed.

    Complete all items. If you do not complete all items, your request will not be processed. If you have a question regarding an item please email us at

  3. Wait until we contact you!

    Once you have submitted everything, we will review your application. We will let you know if you are missing something. If not, please leave between 7-10 business days for us to process your application. Once your documents are ready, we will contact you.

    After we have contacted you, please come to our office to pick up your documentation.

    We are open during the following business hours:

    Regular Business Hours:
    Mon-Thu: 8 am – 6 pm
    Fri: 10 am – 5 pm
    Closed Sat and Sun

    Extended Business Hours
    (January and August only):
    Mon-Thu: 8 am – 7 pm
    Fri: 8 am – 5 pm
    Closed Sat and Sun

    Summer Semester:
    Mon-Thu: 7 am – 6 pm
    Closed Fri, Sat and Sun

    Time Zone Converter

Once you have received your new I-20, remember to sign it and write the date that you signed it. Please do not leave the country without your I-20. If you need to leave the country, we will need to sign your previous I-20. For that, make sure you complete the Travel Signature application.