All international students must have health insurance while studying at MCC. Once registered for classes, the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) will be automatically provided to you and it will be added to your tuition fees.
Basic plan information
Please note the following levels for coinsurance, deductibles, copays, and other costs of this coverage.
|UNITED HEALTHCARE PPO||Non-PPO|
|Deductible||None||$50 per person, per policy year|
|Covered Percentage||100% of preferred allowance||60% of usual and customary charges, after deductible|
|Office Visit Co-pay||$25 per visit||$25 per visit|
|Urgent Care Co-pay||$25 per visit||$25 per visit|
|Emergency Room Co-pay||$250 per visit (waived if admitted to the hospital)||$250 per visit (waived if admitted to the hospital)|
|Prescription Drugs||Paid at 65% per prescription (up to 31 day supply)||65% of usual and customary charges, after deductible|
|Out-of-Pocket Maximum||$6,350 per person, per policy year/ $12,700 per family per policy year||No maximum|
Your Insurance Account
The following are resources for accessing and making use of your health insurance account. In order to make use of the health insurance benefits you will need to create an account and print the insurance ID card or download the UHCSR app.
Whenever you are in need of medical attention make sure that you follow the guidelines provided in the documents below as this can help reduce costs significantly.
More Information About Your Health Insurance
Read all about what is covered by your insurance as well as important plan information in the following documents
Below is a short summary of your health insurance.
Health Insurance Waiver
The health insurance charge can be waived however you have to meet one of the following requirements:
- You are under the sponsorship of a foreign government, its agency or embassy that is responsible for the student’s educational expenses, including a health insurance policy.
- You are under the sponsorship of an international agency or company that is responsible for the student’s educational expenses, including a health insurance policy for the student that will be enforced during the entire time that you are enrolled in the college.
- You are accompanied to the U.S.A. by your spouse and/or dependent child(ren) under 18 years of age who have been granted F-2 visas and who will be staying with you as the principal F-1 visa student. You and your family have purchased a family medical insurance policy that covers all of you while you are in the U.S.A.
- You reside in the U.S.A. with your parents. You and your family have purchased a family medical insurance policy that covers all of you while you are in the U.S.A.
- You were undergoing treatment for a medical condition before being admitted to the college and have insurance coverage for the condition.
- You have a parent, spouse, or legal guardian who is a U.S. citizen or who resides permanently in the United States and has included you on their health insurance plan with a U.S.-based insurance company. The student must provide documents that establish the relationship to the parent, spouse, or guardian.
If you meet one of these requirements you will need to come by our office to fill out the Health Insurance Waiver Form before the semester starts, so that the charge will not be added to your account. Note that you will also have to provide us with a copy of your health insurance card and a summary of its benefits. Given the specifics of what SHIP covers, we will have to review all the submitted materials to make sure that requirements are met.
For questions regarding eligibility or enrollment contact Ascension at (800) 537-1777.
For questions regarding coverage, claims, or benefits, contact UnitedHealthcare at (800) 767-0700.