The International Education Office offers a variety of support services for students and scholars. If you need assistance at anytime, please contact the International Education Office at 480-461-7756 or email at email@example.com.
The role of your Academic Advisor is to help the F1 student and develop short and long term academic goals . We can assist you with all aspects of academic planning and provide a foundation for appropriate academic decisions while at Mesa Community College.
- Acquire the information needed to assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and the successful completion of all graduation requirements.
- Use the College Catalog, Student Handbook, the Programs and Degrees website, and the Advisement and Registration Services website to find out about General Education requirements as well as program requirements and to check prerequisites for courses.
- Know about College rules, requirements, policies, and procedures as defined in the Student Handbook.
- Be aware of important dates and deadlines (e.g., the last day to drop a course), available in the Academic Calendar.
- Check your Google Apps email account regularly, read messages from official college offices, and respond as appropriate.
- Maintain your own academic worksheet by using the various academic resources available on the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation website.
- Schedule an appointment at least once each semester with the International Advisor who works with your program of study to update your academic worksheet and to ensure you are making steady progress towards graduation.
- Come to your appointments on time and prepared—set goals for the time allotted, generate a list of questions and ideas to share with your advisor.
- Be courteous and respectful. Turn off your cell phone before you enter your appointment.
- Seek assistance from your advisor whenever you have academic concerns or difficulties.