Immigration Information

Here you will find information on F-1 visas, financial responsibility, and staying in status. The International Education Department is here to help guide you through your immigration journey as an F-1 student at MCC.

Maintain Your Status

You must take full responsibility for maintaining F-1 status.

Change Your Status

F-1 student status is appropriate if you intend to pursue full-time studies in the United States.

Travel Information

To travel outside of the USA, you must have re-entry documents.

Extending Your I-20

Be aware of your program end date on your I-20.

Reinstatement & Re-Entry

Make an appointment with an International Student Advisor.


F-2 dependents are defined as a spouse or an unmarried minor child, under 21 years of age, of an F-1 student.