Protecting your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
PII refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. More complete information is available here.
- Required to add, drop, or switch classes.
- This scholarship covers tuition and fees for one full year, up to 18 credits per semester of in County tuition, plus $250.00 per semester for books and supplies. To be eligible, you must be a current full-time Honors student and plan to enroll on a full-time basis, at Mesa Community College, for the following academic school year. To continue eligibility, you must maintain a G.P.A. of 3.25 or higher. Honors Achievement Award students and Presidents' Honors Scholars who are now in the fourth and final semester of the Presidents' Honors Scholarship are eligible to apply. One scholarship is awarded at each Maricopa County Community College Campus annually. The application is due Friday, Feb. 14, 2020. Scholarship Recipients will be notified by the end of March 2020.
- HB2008, submit along with scanned or photocopied identification, to be turned into Honors Office or Advisement.
- Only for Presidents' Honors Scholars.
- To graduate from the Honors Program, the application must be turned into Honors Office on or before Friday March 1, 2020.
- To graduate from Mesa Community College, follow these steps and submit the packet to Enrollment Services.
Honors Program and Achievement Award Application
- For return students and those not eligible for the Presidents' Honors Scholarship program.
- For when you are canceling an honors contract, to be turned into Honors Office ASAP.
To take a regular class for Honors credit, you must submit an Honors Contract.
- Honors contracts are only allowed for courses that are three (3) credit hours or more, 100 level or above, with instructor approval. The form is now submitted electronically.
- OPTIONAL: Complete fillable pdf contract that students can upload to the electronic contract.
- The instructor and student will first discuss the Honors project for their class. This can be a project the student propose and develop with the guidance of the instructor OR a project the instructor has already developed. All projects must include the following: Research (e.g. peer reviewed journals, Internet, library, interviews) , Writing (no less than three (3) pages) and a Presentation (e.g. virtual/online, another public forum, to instructor). The instructor will provide the student the following information: how the project will be graded (e.g. a rubric, criteria, standards, etc.), the project due date, and meeting/progress dates.
- Electronic Submission Process - this is the student's responsibility! The instructor cannot fill this out OR make any changes to the form.
- The student will fill out the electronic contract. They can either add the above information to the contract directly - or - upload a word document or .pdf with the required information to the contract. The student will electronically sign the contract.
The instructor will receive an email with the subject 'Honors contract ready to be processed - with student MEID and student name'. The instructor will then click the link proviced in the email, to login to the contract to approve or reject the contract. If something is wrong, reject the contract back to the student, letting the student know what needs to be changed.Once any necessary changes have been made, the student will resubmit and the instructor can approve or reject these changes.
- Once the instructor approves the contract, it is then sent to one of the Honors directors for approval. If something is wrong, or additional information is needed, the director will reject the contract back to the student. The 'rejection' email will have information on what needs clarification or added details. Again, it is the student's responsibility to make the changes/add additional details.
- Once resubmitted and approved by all parties, the contract is recorded in Honors office. The Honors designation is added to the class and this become the students Honors class for the semester.
- The student will receive an email from one of the Honors Program staff members notifying them when the contract has been approved.
- Contracts must be submitted electronically on or before Friday September 25th (late contracts may not be accepted).
flex-start class: If the student is planning to take a flex-stare class for Honors credit, please contact the instructor to get their approval now. Flex-start contracts should be submitted as soon as possible.
Scholarship funds will not be awarded until the contract has been submitted and approved by the instructor and Honors directors (this includes flex-start classes). Do not delay getting a contract submitted!
Example of what the top of the electronic contract should look like filled out:
Mandatory Fall 2020 Mid-Semester Grade Check Form
- Mandatory for those of you where Fall 2020 is your first semester on the Presidents' Honors Scholarship. This form is also to be used by those Presidents' Honors scholarship recipients that are on probation after their first semester on scholarship. These are due in the Honors Office on or before Friday October 9th.
- A meeting with one of the Honors Directors, or Lanaé Jackson, maybe scheduled to discuss your semester progress.
- All Presidents Honors scholarship recipients are welcome to complete a mid-semester grade check form and meet with one of the Honors Directors, or Lanaé Jackson, to discuss your semester progress.
- Contact the Honors Office to make an appointment.
Presidents' Honors Scholarship Applications:
- For exiting high school students graduating from a Maricopa County high school (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), without having attended another accredited college or university before enrolling in a MCCCD campus (concurrent, dual enrollment, and Summer session excluded).
- For summer 2020 trips. Application due Friday February 14, 2020. Applications can be submitted on both campuses.
- Necessary for any co-curricular volunteer work, to be turned into Honors Office.