The big day is drawing near. There are only a few steps needed to complete the graduation process. Participation in the spring commencement ceremony is optional.
Application Deadline Dates:
- Spring 2022 - March 1
- Summer 2022 - June 1
- Fall 2022 - November 1
Applications can be submitted any time of the year. If applications are submitted after the dates above, they will be processed the next semester. For example: if an application is submitted for the spring semester after March 1 it will be processed as a summer application.
*Winter Intersession courses will be counted toward the spring graduation cycle.
Step 1 - Contact your Advisor to prepare your Application
- All students must schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor or Program Coordinator to review progress towards a degree or certificate using the appropriate Check Sheet. Students may also email Academic Advising to request virtual assistance with the graduation application.
- All external official transcripts must be evaluated (outside of the MCCCD)
- Complete the graduate exit survey and copy/paste the confirmation number on the MCC graduation application
- Complete the MCC graduation application (fillable PDF)
- Verify the program you are applying for is the same program listed in your Student Center
Step 2 - Submit Your Application
- Upload the MCC graduation application with the appropriate Checksheet from Advisor or Program Coordinator. Be sure to save and close all documents before uploading them to the next step. This will ensure the information you just entered will not be lost in the upload process.
Important - Additional Information
- Applicants will receive notification through Maricopa email.
- Degrees and certificates will be mailed to the applicant's address on record and a confirmation email will be sent via Maricopa student email. Addresses can be verified at My.Maricopa.edu.
- Applicant's degrees/certificates will not be conferred if there are outstanding debts at any MCCCD college
- Order cap and gown here. MCC will provide a complimentary diploma cover and honor cords (if applicable) if the student attends the commencement ceremony.
- Applicants who are not eligible for a degree or certificate are required to re-apply when all coursework is completed. Our goal is to award and mail degrees and certificates within sixty calendar days from the end of the semester.
- Students cannot be awarded the same degree or certificate more than once at MCCCD.
- For example, students can earn an Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Psychology and an Associate in Science, Emphasis in Chemistry; however, they can not earn an Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Psychology and Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Anthropology or a general Associate in Arts and Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Political Science because the degree award in both scenarios is the “Associate in Arts”, the same degree award. The ABUS-GR, ABUS-SR, and AAEE do not have emphases.