The big day is drawing near. There are several steps to take so you can graduate on time and can participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Summer 2017 - June 1, 2017
- Fall 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Spring 2018 - March 1, 2018
Step 1 - Prepare Your Application
Download and print the Graduation Process as a guide.
- You will need to submit a separate application for each degree/certificate you are applying for.
- Attach a completed check sheet for each degree/certificate.
- Consult the Program Codes guide to find the correct number for your Program of Study.
- List of Program Codes (updated 1/5/2017)
- An Academic Advisor's signature is required in order to submit your graduation application.
Step 2 - Official Transcripts
If you took classes at another University, 2 Year College or other Maricopa Community College in addition to your MCC coursework which will be applied toward your degree:
Apply for official transcripts from all institutions. There may be a fee. Official transcripts from Maricopa County Community Colleges cost $5.00.
You can also request a transcript online using My.maricopa.edu.
Step 3 - Pay Your Fees
To participate in the commencement ceremony which is only held in May requires a $25.00 fee (one-time fee refundable up to two weeks prior to graduation). This fee must be paid at Cashier Services by March 1st or you may pay online using My.maricopa.edu.
The following items are included in this fee:
- Cap and gown
- Honor cords (if applicable)
- Five announcements
- Degree/certificate cover
A notification letter will be mailed prior to the day of the ceremony detailing this event.
This is a good time to be sure you have no outstanding balances, fees, or traffic fines before you submit your graduation application. Any debts within the Maricopa Colleges must be cleared before a degree/certificate can be awarded.
Step 4- Complete the Graduation Survey
All applicants must complete the on line graduate exit survey by going to: http://www.mesacc.edu/cgi-bin/rws5.pl?FORM=MCCGraduateSurvey
After completion of the exit survey you will get a confirmation number that you will write on the application for graduation. There is no need to print the confirmation number page.
Step 5 - Submit Your Application
Submit a separate application for each degree/certificate and the completed check sheet to the Enrollment Services Office prior to the posted deadline dates to:
Mesa Community College
ATTN: Enrollment Services
1833 West Southern Avenue
Mesa, Arizona 85202
- Graduation Applicants will receive notification in the mail from the Enrollment Services Office regarding application status.
All degrees /certificates will be mailed to the applicant's address of record. Please be sure your address is correct. You can check that online at My.maricopa.edu.
Applicants have thirty days after the anticipated graduation date to remove all academic deficiencies on their record. Applicants who are not eligible for degree/certificate must re-apply.