Fall 2020 Honors Orientations
Students accepted into the Honors Program are required to attend an Honors Orientation (this is in adition to the New Student Orientation).
Fall Dates TBD
The Presidents’ Honors Scholarship covers in-state/in-county tuition up to fifteen (15) credit hours (plus the $15 registration fee) per semester, but does not apply to summer sessions.
To be eligible, students must enroll at the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) campus of their choice within one academic year (two academic semesters) of graduating from a Maricopa County high school (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), without having attended another accredited college or university before enrolling in a MCCCD campus (concurrent, dual enrollment, and Summer session excluded).
Protect Your PII
MCC does not accept personal identifiable information through email or fax. Documents sent in this manner will not be processed.
Students submitting the Presidents' Honors Scholarship application must be able to show legal presence in the United States and eligible to receive public funds. In addition, students must also be a resident of Maricopa County while on scholarship. Students must apply to the program within one academic year (two academic semesters) of graduation from high school or other secondary education program as listed below, without having attended another accredited college or university before enrolling in a Maricopa County Community College District campus (co-enrollment, dual enrollment, and summer session excluded).
Pathway To Receive This Scholarship
Completion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), with a final, unweighted, GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Required Application Materials
- A signed MCCCD Presidents’ Honors Scholarship Application/Agreement.
- An official final high school transcript must be sent via U.S. Mail or official college electronic transfer system (e.g. Parchment) to the college Admissions and Records Office of the Maricopa County Community College that you plan to attend. A copy can also be sent to the college Honors Program Office. A Hand-Delivered* final transcript will only be accepted in the MCC Honors Office. It must be signed by the high school Registrar, have the school seal impressed on it, be in a sealed envelope, show graduation date and final cumulative grade point average. Please inquire with the college Honors Program for homeschool high school transcript guidelines. Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final transcript has been received. (*Please note that hand-delivered transcripts may not be accepted at all MCCCD Honors Offices.)
- Attend Mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester.
- Enroll in a minumum of twelve (12) letter-graded credits hours (at 100-level or above), including a three-credit Honors class (an Honors-Only class is required your first two (2) semesters).
- Complete a Mandatory Mid-Semester Grade Check your first semester on the Presidents' Honors scholarship.
Renewal and Retention of the Presidents' Honors Scholarship
For the Presidents' Honors Scholarship to be renewed each semester (up to four consecutive semesters, excluding summer semesters), the student must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student for the four consecutive semesters (excluding summers).
- Enroll in and complete at least twelve (12), letter-graded credits (at 100-level or above) each Fall and Spring semester. (Pass/Fail excluded unless degree specific but must be verified with MCC Honors Program before enrollment).
- Enroll in and complete with a grade of “C” or higher at least 3-credits of Honors coursework (an Honors-Only class is required your first two (2) semesters).
- Maintain an MCCCD cumulative District Wide GPA of 3.25 or higher, including co-enrollment and dual enrollment grades.
- Complete the two (2) required Co-Curricular Activities (as defined by the Honors Program) each semester while on scholarship.
Probation and Termination
A Presidents' Honors Scholar whose cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits (e.g. dual enrollment), falls below 3.25 but at or above 3.0 at the end of the first semester could be placed on probation. The student must raise the cumulative Maricopa GPA to at least 3.25 prior to beginning the third semester. If Probation is granted the student must meet with on of the Honors Directors to sign a letter of probation.
Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if:
- the cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the first semester,
- they fail to complete their Honors coursework or a sufficient number of credit hours,
- they receive less than a “C” grade in their Honors course,
- they do not complete the required two (2) Co-Curricular Activities per semester,
- they do not maintain a cumulative GPA above 3.25 after the first semester.
Honors Program students should not withdraw from courses or alter class schedules without first consulting the College Honors Program.
Refund, drop/add, and withdrawal policies, dates, and deadlines apply to all.
How the Scholarship is Disbursed
Presidents' Honors Scholars will have their fee due date on their billing statement deferred until financial aid is awarded. At that time, provided all necessary paperwork is completed and the student is enrolled in an Honors course, the scholarship amount will be applied to the student's account. Students must pay any fees over the scholarship amount by the date on the billing statement.
To qualify as an Honors Program Graduate, a student must be eligible to graduate from the college and must meet the additional requirements that include a 3.5 MCCCD cumulative District-wide GPA, completion of fifteen (15) credit hours in Honors coursework across three disciplines, and completion of Co-Curriculars.
Presidents' Honors Scholars who have been admitted to the Honors Program and college may apply for the deferment of their Presidents' Honors Scholarship for the purpose of taking part in activities that would interrupt their required continuous enrollment at the Maricopa Community Colleges. See the Deferment application for more information.
For More Information
For all copies of contracts, applications, and deferment forms go to Forms link on the left hand menu, or links above.
You may submit applications to the Honors Office at either MCC campus, or you may mail applications to the following address: