Maximum Time Frame is reached when a student has attempted 150% of the published credits it takes to complete their program plan here at MCC. *
If you have reached your Maximum Time Frame for your program of study you are not meeting the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). If you would like to be offered financial aid, you will need to appeal to try to reinstate your financial aid eligibility.
To appeal for the Maximum Time Frame measure submit the following:
- an MTF Appeal form
- an Academic Plan/Restricted Course List completed and signed by an MCC Academic Advisor
- a typed statement explaining the reason you've reached your MTF
- academic transcripts (may be unofficial) from other schools if they have not been transferred, evaluated and accepted by MCC
Your appeal decision will be sent to your Student Center Message Center. Read your MTF appeal decision to ensure that you understand the decision and any stipulations set for you by the SAP Appeals Committee. Please check with us if you're unsure of your requirements.
For students who had to appeal for MTF:
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits approved on your MTF Restricted Course List.
- You must meet the requirements set for you by the SAP Appeals Committee.
- If you do not meet the stipulations set for you by the SAP Appeals Committee you may become ineligible for aid.
- You cannot submit a 2nd MTF Appeal for a new program of study unless you have completed the degree/certificate that was approved on your 1st MTF Appeal
- A degree audit will be required for all MTF appeals.
For the full Maricopa Community Colleges Standards of SAP for Financial Aid Eligibility in PDF format click here.
*Attempted = classes taken and passed for credit; or classes taken but withdrew from, or failed.