Maximum Time Frame is reached when a student has attempted 150% of the published credits it takes to complete their program plan here at MCC. *
If you have reached your Maximum Time Frame for your program of study you are not meeting the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and will not be eligible for financial aid which consist of grants, federal work study, all student loans including PLUS and private loans, and certain scholarships. However, you may submit an appeal to try to reinstate your financial aid eligibility.
To appeal for the Maximum Time Frame measure
- Go to the SAP Counseling Portal to learn what SAP is, how it impacts your financial aid, what the Appeal process is, and how to complete an Appeal.
- Complete the session to gain access to the MTF Appeal Form.
- Meet with an MCC Academic Advisor to have your Academic Plan/Restricted Course List completed and signed by them.
- Submit your MTF Appeal with your typed statement and academic transcripts from other schools via the Financial Aid Secure Document Upload
- All Appeals must be submitted by the semester SAP Appeal deadline date on the Financial Aid Important Dates
Submitting an MTF Appeal is not a guarantee of approval.
*Academic transcripts from other schools may be unofficial if they have not been transferred, evaluated and accepted by MCC
Notification of MTF Appeal Decision
- Your appeal decision will be sent to your Maricopa student email.
- Read the message to ensure that you understand the decision and any stipulations set for you by the SAP Appeal Committee.
- If you are placed on probation, you must meet the conditions set for you to remain eligible for financial aid.
- Check with us if you do not understand your message or if you're unsure of the requirements you must meet to remain eligible for financial aid.
For students who had to appeal for MTF:
- You will be offered the financial aid you are eligible for only for classes approved on your MTF Restricted Course List
- You must meet the requirements set for you by the SAP Appeal Committee
- If you do not meet the stipulations set for you by the SAP Appeal Committee you may become ineligible for aid
- You cannot submit a 2nd MTF Appeal for a new program of study unless you have completed the degree/certificate that was approved on your 1st MTF Appeal
- A degree audit will be required for all MTF appeals.
*Attempted = classes taken and passed for credit; or classes taken but were withdrawn from, or failed.