Frequently Asked Questions

The MCC Music Department offers a range of performance opportunities for students and members of the public.

General Questions

Where are you located?
The MCC Music Department offers classes at three locations: Main Campus, the Performing Arts Center and at Red Mountain. The Music Department office is located in Building MU-43 on the Main Campus. See the map of campus locations for all of our locations:
How can I get help via phone?
The main office number is 480-461-7575. You can also reach individual staff and faculty members, see our staff listing here :
What are your hours?
The Music Department office is open Mon-Thu: 9 – 5 and Fri: 8–5 during the school year and Mon-Thu: 9 – 6 during the summer. Classes and performances are held 7 days per week. The Music Department follows the campus calendar for holiday closures including Thanksgiving and Christmas break.
How do I get started?
Your first step to taking classes at MCC is to be admitted as a student. Steps for admission to MCC are located here: Once you are an official student with a MEID number, you can seeking advising assistance and enroll in classes.
Where do I go for departmental advising?
The Music Department offers several avenues for academic advising. For Performance students, please contact Alma Quiros at 480-461-7575 to get started.  For Music Humanities, Music Theory, Music Business or Audio Production Technology, please contact the MCC Enrollment Center for advising.
What types of degrees do you offer?
The MCC Music Department offers several degrees and certificates including: Audio Production Technology, Music Business or Disc Jockey Techniques; the Academic Certificate in Electronic Music; the Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Piano Pedagogy, Audio Production Technology, Music Business and Disc Jockey Techniques.
Are your music classes open to the public?
MCC supports career readiness, workforce development, and life-long learning. Members of the public, at all ability levels, are welcome to take music classes at MCC. We offer a range of 1credit, short courses, as well as traditional 16-week 3 credit courses. You must be enrolled as a student at MCC, in order to take classes.
How can my child/teen sign up for music classes?
The Music Department offers opportunities for learners of all ages and abilities. Teens may take dual enrollment or Early College concurrent enrollment classes while still enrolled in High School. See more information here: We also offer Summer Camps in Musical Theater and Band for students in 5th-12th grades. Learn more here:
What types of financial aid or scholarship support are available?
In addition to federal financial aid, MCC offers several scholarship opportunities. General scholarship information is available from the Financial Aid office: The Music Department also offers scholarships for students pursuing performance instruction. The Private Instruction Course Fee Scholarship helps cover the cost of private instruction for full-time and part-time music majors. See more information here:
What types of performance opportunities are available?

MCC offers a range of performance opportunities including band, instrumental and vocal ensembles and musical theater. Musical Theater auditions are open to all members of the community. You do not need to be a student at MCC to audition.  However, if you are cast in a role, you must register for the two-credit course, MUP270 Musical Theater Workshop.  Scholarships are available. For more information, contact Sue Anne Lucuis at 480-461-7577,

For Band and Instrumental ensemble opportunities click here:

Choral/Vocal students can obtain more information here:

Are there any entrance requirements to enroll in music classes?
Yes, some courses do require entrance exams or auditions. Please review the requirements for participation in each music program by visiting the links in the left navigation of the Music Department page or contact 480-461-7575 for more information.
How do I enroll in Music classes?
Instrumental and vocal classes require that you visit with a Music program advisor and participate in auditions prior to enrollment in performance classes. You may self-enroll in Music Humanities, Audio Production, Disc Jockey and Music Business classes. Degree-seeking students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor.