CCL Music Business
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Music Business program is an innovative curriculum designed to prepare students for today's music industry. The certificate and degree with a music business emphasis are designed for both the performing musician and the business student with limited performing experience. This program combines a flexible curriculum with an emphasis in business and marketing, along with music industry related courses and experiences.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
This Course Sequence is a “shared” program or a program that is offered at multiple Maricopa colleges. The colleges offering the program collaborate on the sequencing of the courses. However, since each college may differ in course scheduling and faculty availability, Course Sequences may vary by college, but should not impact program applicability or transfer.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||MUC109||Music Business: Merchandising and the Law||3|
|RC||MUC110||Music Business: Recording and Mass Media||3|
|Music Industry Entrepreneurship or
Owning and Operating a Small Business
|Prerequisites: (MUC109 and MUC110) or permission of Instructor.||3|
|Music Business Internship or
|Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||1|
|RC||MUC293||Self Promotion for Music||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Music Business program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Music Business (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=105531).