Get a Jump-Start on College
Dual Enrollment is a cost-effective way for high school students to get a head start on college. It allows high school students to enroll in college courses offered at their high school as well as save money and time. Courses vary by high school and can be paired with Concurrent Enrollment to help students achieve their post-secondary certificate and degree goals.
Contact Dual Enrollment
Office: Southern & Dobson Campus, GC-54B
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 6 pm
Fri: 10 am – 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 6 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
Frequently Asked Questions for Dual Enrollment.
- Accelerate time to degree completion -- A bachelor's degree typically takes four years to complete. By taking courses while in high school, you can complete your degree sooner.
- Save money -- Save 75 percent* on college tuition compared to most Arizona four-year universities
- Easy transferring -- Most academic credits easily transfer to public universities in Arizona. They may also be accepted at private or out-of-state institutions. Always check with the receiving institution to verify transferability and applicability to your major and degree.
- Build confidence -- Going to college is stressful under the best circumstances. Participating in our dual credit program offers you a way to ease the transition from high school to college by supporting you with a strong system of services geared toward making you a successful student.
Fall 2022 Registration Is Now Closed
Read the FAQs
Get quick answers to your questions about Dual Enrollment.Frequently Asked Questions
Access a useful PDF on how to register for Dual Enrollment courses.Dual Enrollment Registration Guide (PDF)
Dual Enrollment Steps to Enroll
As a Dual Enrollment student, you will follow the steps below to complete your registration to Mesa Community College. During the process, you’ll set up a student account, apply for admission, and complete the enrollment steps in one seamless application.
- Have all test scores, high school transcripts, and ID authentication documents ready for use.
- Plan to complete any required placement exams prior to starting the DE Steps to Enroll for quicker processing.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you and a parent/guardian must complete and sign the Parent/ Guardian Responsibility And Consent for students under the age of 18.
Step 1 – Get admitted to MCC by completing the High School Student Admissions Application
- Complete the admissions application in a few simple steps. Upon submission, you will be prompted to proceed to Next Steps-Dual Enrollment.
- You will be required to submit ID Authentication as part of this process. ID Authentication must be on file before you can enroll.
- Upon completion of Step 1, you will have successfully applied for admissions, have an MCC ID number, an MEID, and password.
- Click on your high school and then select "see available classes."
- Identify the course in which you plan to enroll and ensure you meet the admissions requirements listed for the course. Take note of the following: MCCCD Course Number, MCCCD Course Title, Credits, and 5 digit class number, & Instructor Name. You will need this information to proceed with Step 3.
- If you do not meet the course prerequisite (admission requirements), you may need to complete an EdReady Placement Exam online.
- If a placement test is required, test scores will be uploaded 24-48 hours after completion of your test.
Step 3 – Complete Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form. New students will automatically be navigated to Next Steps-Dual Enrollment Request Form upon successful completion of their admissions application (Step 1). Returning students will need to select the Returning Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form listed at the bottom of this page. In this step, students will provide information that will determine their eligibility for enrollment into dual enrollment classes. Information will include:
New Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form (requires MEID)
Returning Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form (requires MEID)
- student/parent contact information
- submit ID Authentication
- submit test scores or transcripts
- completion of Parent/ Guardian Responsibility And Consent for students under the age of 18
- List of the desired dual enrollment course (s) for enrollment. (Course details will be needed from Step 2)
- It may take staff 5-7 business days to review your registration request. Communication will be sent to your Student MCC email address identifying the approved course (s) and steps to self-enroll. If your request cannot be approved, you will be notified of the reason and provided an opportunity to re-submit your request.
- Deadline to enroll in Dual Enrollment classes is September 19, 2022.
Step 4 – Pay tuition and fees
- Once you have successfully enrolled into dual enrollment courses, you will need to make your tuition payment. Failure to make tuition payment in full will result in your being withdrawn from dual enrollment courses. The final deadline to pay or submit a tuition payment plan is September 19, 2022.
- Pay online at your Student Center, over the phone (480-461-7600), or submit a student tuition payment plan.
- Fall 2022 Tuition Assistance is available on a first-come, first-serve basis with a priority deadline of 09/02/2022. Students are encouraged to complete a Dual Enrollment Maricopa Grant Application and provide required documentation ahead of the priority deadline. Notifications regarding Tuition Assistance Application Status will be emailed to students by 09/19/2022.
Fall 2022 Due Dates & Deadlines
FALL 2022 DUAL ENROLLMENT REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
August 11, 2022 - Dual Enrollment registration opens
September 2, 2022 - Tuition assistance priority deadline
September 16, 2022 - Tuition assistance FINAL deadline
September 19, 2022 - Fall Dual Enrollment registration AND payment deadline. Students will be dropped for non-payment as of this date.
No registration will be accepted after September 19, 2022
- High School Student Admissions Application
- New Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form (requires MEID)
- Returning Dual Enrollment Student Online Registration Form (requires MEID)
- Maricopa Grant Application (English) - Submissions are close.
- Maricopa Grant Application (Spanish)
Need to reset your password to access your student online accounts?
You can reset your password on your own through the Self Service Password Reset process.
Tuition Assistance Online Forms
FALL 2022 DUAL ENROLLMENT GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
August 11, 2022 - Maricopa Grant Application Opens
September 2, 2022 - Priority Deadline
September 16, 2022 - Final Deadline
*Students will be notified of their award status by September 19, 2022.
Tuition assistance funds are limited and issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is important to submit your tuition assistance request ahead of the priority deadline for the best opportunity for funding. Students may be awarded assistance up to 12 credit hours in an academic year.
If you were awarded tuition assistance in a previous year, please note you must reapply annually and funding is not guaranteed for returning students.
Additional College Resources
- Use MCC free resources - library, tutoring, parking, counseling, job searches, service-learning volunteer opportunities