145 N. Centennial Way (4th floor)
Mesa, AZ 85201
Office closed due to COVID-19. All services offered remotely. Please contact via email or phone.
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 5 pm
Fri: 8 am – 4 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 6 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Su
For general registration questions and prerequisite information, please contact (480) 480-461-6108.
For information on degrees and program completion, you can request a virtual meeting or phone call by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your student ID and any specific questions you may have in your email.
Virtual or phone meetings by appointment only.
Please make sure you check out our individual program webpages for details and our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Students can register for Fire Science classes without prerequisites through their Maricopa Student Center, and search for classes using MCC's Class Schedule tool.
Students who are interested in or seeking department consent to enroll in Fire Academy classes must meet prerequisites and are required to fill out department registration forms before enrollment. For steps to access the registration forms, please visit our program webpages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for classes that do not require department permission?
- Students can enroll in Fire Science classes that do not require special registration via their Student Center under "Add/Drop A Class." If you are needing some guidance on enrolling in classes in general, any MCC Student Specialist can help you register for classes that are not restricted to department permission. You can also register online at my.maricopa or register via phone at 480-461-7400.
- What classes do I need to become a firefighter?
- The minimum qualifications that you need in order to be considered for hire with a Fire Department are:
1. Be 18 years of age with a valid drivers license
2. A valid CPR card
3. A valid CPAT- FSC130, see our CPAT webpage.
4. Be a State Certified EMT- EMT104, see our EMT program webpage.
The desired qualifications are:
1. Fire I and II Certifications- FSC102, see our MCC Fire Department Operations.
2. A Fire Science degree- see our Degrees and Certificates page.
- What classes do I need to take for my Fire Science degree?
- For new students, download our Unofficial AAS Degree checksheet here: UNOFFICIAL 20-21 Fire Science Advisement Sheet. For past or continuing students on the Emergency Response and Operations degree tracks, please visit our Degree and Certificates page.
- What order should I take Fire Science classes?
- There is not a specific order you are required to take Fire Science classes unless they have specified pre-requisites for enrollment. These prerequisites will be listed with the course and require special registration. We have a recommended semester plan for our Fire Science AAS degree that students can follow and download here: Fire Science AAS Course Sequence Recommendations
- I can't find a class I need for my degree. What do I do?
- Fire Science electives are not held every semester. Some classes are held only in the Spring or Fall. Download our Course Schedule to plan your degree completion here: FSC Course Schedule.
- I am a professional firefighter/transfer student and need to have professional training or transfer credits evaluated. Where do I find more information?
- To initiate a credit by evaluation, course substitution, or credit by examination, please send a request for the form to Deana Bright, Admin Specialist with the Fire Science department at email@example.com. You will need to include your student ID number and appropriate documentation (transcripts, certificate etc.) in your request email.