For the Fall 2021 semester, all Fire Science/EMT courses will be offered in the following formats:
Please refer to the 'notes' section below each course listed in the class schedule for details.
Mesa Community College's Fire Science program is a highly sought after learning experience that focuses on the science of fire fighting, fire prevention, and hazards associated with fires. Our training involves the study of the behavior, compartmentalization, suppression, and investigation of fire and its related emergencies.
The Firefighter program provides the opportunity for non-sponsored students to acquire a Certificate of Completion in Fire Operations in a college-based Fire Academy.
FSC102 | Fire Department Operations
Prerequisites for FSC102
- Current CPR Certification (Cardiopulmonary/Resuscitation Basic Life Support issued through AHA, ASHI, ARC at the healthcare Provider Level)
- Successful completion of EMT 104 with a grade of "C" or better from an institution within the Maricopa Community College District OR current Arizona State EMT-basic or EMT-paramedic Certification
- FSC105 HazardousMaterials/FirstResponder with a grade of "C" or better from an institution within the Maricopa Community College District OR Hazardous Materials/First Responder Certification
- FSC 130 Fitness & Conditioning/CPAT with a passing grade within nine months prior to the first day of class OR current passed CPAT within nine months prior to the first day of class.
Students accepted into the Firefighter program will also be required to register for FSC 134 and FSC174 to fulfill the physical and educational fitness requirements of the Fire Academy.
Complete the Fire Operations Registration Form: Fire Operations (Fire Academy) Registration Form
Once you complete and submit the form, the department will review your application to ensure all information submitted is correct and you meet all prerequisites. Once vetted, you will then be contacted and scheduled to attend an informational meeting. Candidates will be notified of their status by the department, and either offered a position in the fire academy or placed into the following class.
- YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO YOUR MARICOPA STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THIS FORM.
- Be aware that you must upload files to this form- Unofficial transcripts, CPR card, etc.
- If you do not receive a confirmation message and copy of your application to your email, your form was not submitted.